All Topics / General Property / opinion on property site location

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MrsCMrsC
    @mrsc

Hi, i just want to get some opinions on buying a property that is right alongside adjacent to a small park/playground. Does anyone see it as a negative or inferior location?

Cheers

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

It depends. In a nice neighbourhood it might be a positive, but in a rough area it might be a bad thing. Also depends who your target tenants are.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

council does not pay its share of fencing costs, you get tired of kids jumping the fence to get balls etc

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi MrsC,

In my experience, the idea of having a park with small kids near you might be fantastic. However, I have purchased a couple of properties that have been backing onto public parks and these are the issues that we have on them.

[1]  CRIMINAL:  they do present a criminal aspect as people can access your property from the park without anyone knowing.  For us, it presented difficulty when selling due to the potential of people breaking into the property from the rear. This was a constant comment when we try to sell the house.

[2] SELLING ISSUES: we have purchased over 100 properties in the last decade and come across a lot of houses that back onto public parks that take an incredible amount of time to sell.

Well that was my 10 cents worth.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.