All Topics / Commercial Property / Potential Commercial Property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of NilalaniNilalani
    @nilalani

Hi,
    I am new to the forum & would like some thoughts on a commercial property that I am aware of. It is returning approx 100K gross and is priced around the 1 million mark. It is currently leased & the leasee has indicated that they would like a 3X3X3 extension. All outgoings are being paid by the leasee but the rates (approx 15K/Yr) are by the owner. It is over 2 titles in an area of potential high capital growth.
    Any thoughts/pitfalls??
    Cheers
    Nilalani

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

commercial property is a cashflow – you don’t buy it for the capital gains generally.
    The higher the return, the greater the risk – is it industrial or office space?

Will the selling agent accept a conditional offer based on a new lease?

Profile photo of NilalaniNilalani
    @nilalani

It is being used as accomodation. I realise commercial properties are generally cashflow, but the location lends itself to a high capital growth. The leasee would like a new long term lease.Always open to peoples, thoughts, good & bad.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

your due diligence should uncover if there has been a da lodged by the current tenant or if this is a conforming use. The risk being that the council kicking the tenant out, leaving the building vacant.

Are the capital gains due to the zoning, current use or proposed rezoning?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.