All Topics / General Property / RPdata property report/searches

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of develop.meedevelop.mee
    @develop.mee

Hello Everyone,

I recently signed up with RPdata and have found it to be a really useful tool and a must have for anyone involved in property. However it is quite costly and for most it's not worth it given the number of searches they do.

If anyone needs to do an RPdata search for QLD, please drop me an email with the address of the property. I will then send you a pdf containing a full report of the property (sales/rent history, current owners, pictures, and everything else that is available) for $20.

I am a property university student and to afford my RPdata subscription and help me pay for bills I put a fee of $20 per report. I think RPdata charges $60 for one property search. Let me know what you think.

thank you

dm
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MrMotivationsMrMotivations
    Participant
    @twothings

Have a look at http://www.onthehouse.com.au …site was mentioned in another post on these forums and it is such a good resource…and not to mention FREE

Profile photo of develop.meedevelop.mee
    @develop.mee

Hello twothings,

onthehouse.com.au only gives you the last sale price. It does not provide you with:

1. The owners name and contact details.

2. The on the market history for sale – which is really important. It lets you know how many times the owner has put the property on the market, whether he/she dropped/increased the price or whether he/she took it of the market. This will give you an indicator of how willing the owner is to sell his property.

3. On the market history for rent – also very important. It tells you what the unit rented for in the past, how often it changed tenants and about the rent increases.

4. Usually a lot of pictures of the property.

etc.

It pretty much tells a story of where the property has been.

Cheers

dm
    [email protected]

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Is that legal?

Otherwise why would anyone pay direct. We could all sell reports. I could do them for $15/ $10/$5. Maybe we could have a dutch auction.

@develop.mee

I am just offering it for people that don't want to pay the weekly cost. Don't really care so much about the price. I just won't be able to afford the subscription anymore and this would help me to keep it. I doubt that you would make much money from searching properties on RPdata nor do I think anyone would want to do that as a job.

Participant
    @twothings

Hi develop.mee

I understand what you are saying but full and comprehensive reports are not required when conducting general research. Onethehouse does show current advertised price, source and date etc so you can see when a vendor is reducing their price. Individual property reports can be obtained where required. RPData is a great resource but like you say quite expensive to maintain.

Cheers

@develop.mee

Thanks guys.

As I said I'm not too fussy about the price just as long as I can keep my subscription going. I do think it is a very important tool to have hence that's why most property professionals/investors use it.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I understand where you're coming from I just don't know how legal it is (from RPdatas viewpoint.

Why don't you join one of the shared subscriptions? I think you get 5? logins and you share the cost.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I don’t think RP data would be fond of the idea of on selling reports….

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @twothings

I guess this puts an end to the idea…

Excerts of conditions I located at http://www.rpdata.com/general/general_terms_and_conditions.html

3.3 The Customer acknowledges and agrees to use the Products and the Product Data solely for the purpose for which they are intended, and in accordance with all Laws. Except as expressly permitted under this Contract or to the extent permitted by Law, the Customer and its employees and representatives must not, or encourage any person or entity to:

(c) distribute, resell, disclose, market, rent, lease, assign, incorporate into any database, sublicense or otherwise transfer any Product or Product Data to any third party, or use the Products or the Product Data on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party;

(g) use, or offer to use, the Products or any Product Data for or in connection with any direct marketing activities; or

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi guys,

I actually use both resources. The http://www.onthehouse.com.au is a fantastic public resource if you just want to get a general idea of house prices in the area. It also gives details such as how long the property has been on the market and when it was last purchased. It is also a great tool because it also gives the medium price of properties that are
    listed and the medium of properties sold.

RP Data is good if you are talking to vendors directly, as we do, as it gives a little more history in relation to the property. We tend to like it a lot more for in depth analysis. However, it does cost us $497 a month for just the Brisbane, Toowoomba, and Gold Coast areas so it is a pretty expensive subscription to have on an annual basis. 

With what is freely available out these days, RP Data might be pricing themselves out of the market.  They have had 3 aggressive price rises over the past 12 months or so … getting to the point that if it goes up anymore we would swap over to Price Finder as our main property information source which is significantly more cost effective for the
    same information.

I hope that helped. Talk to you soon.

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.