All Topics / Help Needed! / finding a builder to do a developments

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of dbloomfdbloomf
    @dbloomf

My wife and I have got a 10 unit development that needs a builder here in Petrie, Brisbane. Right now we have DA approved. I have been working at the drawings to get final engineering complete and all that I have to do is to get an electrical engineer to check what I have done and a hydraulics engineer just to give the drawings that once over. In the next week or so we will have a building certifier so we are just about ready to start digging the foundations.

Does anyone out there know of a good builder that would be looking at doing a 10 unit development. The actual units are very simplistic and their design and are just standard brick and tile on two levels.

Can anyone help.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Might want to start by asking your Architect as most have a few Builders up there sleeve they can recommend.

Most will probably want to see the BA before they provide you with a Fixed price quote (Your financier will insist on this in the current climate) but then you should be good to go.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I strongly suggest that for 10 units you employ a project manager first and get them to organise the builder. You can probably tender this out, but the contractual arrangements will be as important as the builder you use. If you want to send me a few details I'd be happy to give you details a some appropriate people to talk to.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of dbloomfdbloomf
    @dbloomf

hi Alistair

Thanks for the reply.

The town houses are three-bedroom with the master bedroom having and ensuite and a walk-in robe. The other two bedrooms at your standard with built in wardrobes. The last thing on the second floor is the main bathroom.
    On the lower floor, there is a 5m x 3.5m lounge, separate dining room, complete kitchen, laundry, downstairs toilet and a internal access single garage. Total GFA 96 m²
    Each unit has a small courtyard to the rear.
    The 10 unit complex will be gated and has a gazebo that is shared by the complex.
    The whole complex is set on 2200 m²

I would send you some drawings but I don’t know how to attach them to this file.

Regards David

@dbloomf
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Might want to start by asking your Architect as most have a few Builders up there sleeve they can recommend.

Most will probably want to see the BA before they provide you with a Fixed price quote (Your financier will insist on this in the current climate) but then you should be good to go.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

I am actually the architect in this project and previously my main experience has been with industrial and commercial buildings.
    None of the builders I know are interested in doing this sort of work as the type of work they do is all just big steel and slabs of concrete.
    This is why I am at a bit of a loss here.
    My financier has given me the green light as what I am proposing is well within the limits that they will lend me money. Not to say that I am loaded or anything.
    It is just trying to get these darn things out of the ground.
    I have a building certifier all lined up and he has said that there looks to be like there is no problem with the layout and just how it has been designed

Thank you very much for your comments

David

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Dear dbloomf,

Please feel free to send me a private message with your contact details and I’ll put you in touch with a qualified builder who has done work for us in the northern side of Brisbane. Once you’ve shared it with me, I’ll give you his details. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi David

Ok sounds like a fairly simple project.

If my business partner who is a builder and does all of our Brissie developments wasnt so flat out we might even consider tendering on it ourselves.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@dbloomf

Thank you Richard
    I know things out there are fairly hectic in places.
    I just need to find a builder that would like to take on a project like this. I will get there in the end it is just getting over this hump.
    But thank you for your comments anyway
    David

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi David, if you send through your details I have a builder that is doing a lot in Kallungur area, in fact he is just about finished building his own 9 unit development there. Very good and well priced, as well as quick yet quality! I can have him tender for it also.

feel free to send me an email.

Cheers,

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Tyswell Developments
    Damien Gration
    PH – 0426825938

Talking to them the other day and they are looking for work…….  tell him David Deeb or Michael Nakis refered you..

From the above posts you have enough contacts now to get going……… wishing you the best of luck………

Profile photo of BlockbriefBlockbrief
    Participant
    @blockbrief

Ask your architect and I suggest with a development of that size you get a project manager involve.

All the besxt

Profile photo of GiumelliGroupGiumelliGroup
    @giumelligroup

Global Group
    345 Ann St Brisbane
    07 3236 9750 speak to Barry Jakeman

They do project management, construction management & build, they can also look at new intuitive ways that you can save a lot of money on your development.

Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

hey dbloom

i am also going to be looking for a builder in a couple of months to take on a couple of townhouses in zillmere.

Can you us know if you have any luck getting a builder and tips you might have on who to choose and/or how to choose?

be good to hear from someone who has gone through the process locally.

cheers

ben

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.