All Topics / General Property / Property development … where can I start?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of linkpropertylinkproperty
    @linkproperty

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am planning to re-develop a residential land which currently @c@ zoning in NSW. Does anyone know where I can some training or reading materials on…

1. How should I start?
    2. What should I look out for?
    3. property development for dummies?

Anyone can help?

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Link,

Consider booking (and paying for) some time with a planner, designer or architect in the area who is familiar with the type of project you wish to undertake. Ask for two hours of their time, prepare a list of questions, and take notes. $500 for a big heap of expertise is a bargain in my opinion.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Residential 2C will give you great potential to build almost anything….a developers dream.

For a more basic and free research- i would say go to the council website and dl the planning and development guild + give the council town planner a call- it’s free and they will answer most of your questions.

Regards
    Michael

linkproperty wrote:
    Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am planning to re-develop a residential land which currently @c@ zoning in NSW. Does anyone know where I can some training or reading materials on…

1. How should I start?
    2. What should I look out for?
    3. property development for dummies?

Anyone can help?

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of C2011C2011
    Participant
    @c2011

2C zoning permits higher density residential flat buildings. Check the Council’s Local Environment Plan. This will tell you what is permitted and what is prohibited within this zone. There will almost certainly be a Development Control Plan which will be more specific about the type of development permitted and detail such things as setbacks, building heights, materials, number of required car parking spaces etc.

If there are buildings on the land, you will very likely require an approved development application before the structures can be demolished.

While you’re at the council, ask for an explanation of their Contributions Plan (e.g. roads, open space etc.) and Developer Servicing Plan (water & sewer). These documents set out the contributions that are payable to council in relation to development.

Chris

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property
    christianb wrote:
    Link,

Consider booking (and paying for) some time with a planner, designer or architect in the area who is familiar with the type of project you wish to undertake. Ask for two hours of their time, prepare a list of questions, and take notes. $500 for a big heap of expertise is a bargain in my opinion.

What brutal art said…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.