All Topics / Help Needed! / Strata Management

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jwakleyjwakley
    @jwakley

Hi Guys,

I am looking to just get a little indication in what types of things you should look for when going through the motions of looking for new Strata Management?

We are in the process of making that very important decision and would love some info and advice on what main factors to look for?

Thanks in advance

Jason Wakley

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Do you mean you are looking at changing Strata management?

I did that with one of mine. The management was HOPELESS. I was very happy with one of my others so rang them and they helped me draft the letters for the EGM etc as I didn't know how to go about it.

Look at how big the company is. How many staff they have. How many properties each staff is responsible for. Charges (of course).

I'm in Sydney if you need a recommendation. Conti Property Group are a small company with very individual service. I would highly recommend them. Speak to Joe Conti if interested.

Profile photo of jwakleyjwakley
    @jwakley

HI There,

That is correct, we are going through the motions of changing Strata Management.

Are thre any people out there that self managed a property also? ans is this a wise option?

I am in a block of 12 units so not a lot in the scheme of things but not sure how hard this would be or if it is physibel?

Thank You for the referral I will check them out:)

Cheers Again
    Jason

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

On the general scheme of things 12 units is rather small however when it comes to strata management, anything over 3 or 4 different parties it is probably best left to the professionals.

Mostly because there are too many different viewpoints and interests to be pacified. The SM will charge a fee for their services however when it comes down to 'volunteers' time it becomes more difficult esp with absentee owners.

I have previously found Strata Partners to be quite good as well.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Contact Dept Fair Trading NSW and request info on “how to select a strata manager” , they might have something.
    Get quotes. Interview, engage on trial period and renew for short periods only maybe, if pos.
    Good luck.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.