All Topics / Help Needed! / Zoming & Subdivision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

I'm doing some due diligence on a property.

Its 651 sqm R30.

I would have thought that to subdivide, each division needs 333 sqm, so this block falls just below that number.

The block is in the City of Sterling in Perth, and I have downloaded the subdvisiion info. sheet, and there is a table stating:

For R30 – Single House or Grouped Dwelling
    Minimum Site Area per Dwelling Min. 240, Avg 300.
    Minimum lot area/rear battleaxe 420sqm
    Minimum total open space 45%
    Minimum outdoor living 24 sqm
    There are also some setback limits.

What is the difference between min site area per dwelling and min lot area? Can a 651 sqm R30 block be sub divided under these regulations?

How much would a subdivision cost?

This is the first time looking at subdividing to add value, so any help appreciated.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

I don't work in WA, however, most planning schemes are established around benchmarks that allow for some discretion. Your question is clear enough, and the municipal requirements you have quoted are also clear, so in this case it seems to be an issue of discretion. Perhaps you should visit the municipal planners at City of Stirling and simply ask them the question. If you are able to accommodate all of the site coverage and open space criteria then the density issue may not be pertinent.

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

Hi Paullie,
    While I also don't work in WA I have seen a council in VIC that has rules around both the battleaxe and the site area.  My thought on the difference between the site area and lot area is that the site area is where the house can be built,  and the lot area includes the driveway which can't be built on, hence the reason that the battleaxe rear lot is bigger as it typically includes a driveway.  However, best to have a talk with the council to get full clarification.
    Best of luck,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.