All Topics / Help Needed! / glossary of terms for zoning laws

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of brucethefiercebrucethefierce
    Participant
    @brucethefierce

Can someone please advise me where I can get answers re the various zoning laws eg. What does zone 3 residential mean? Is this only applicable within a municipality or does a specific zoning mean the same thing anywhere in Vic?
    Thanks in anticipation

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

read the local environmental plan for the council area – there are some inconsistencies between different areas.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

The intentions of the zones are consistent across the state and each municipality has its own overlays, restrictions and recommendations. The inconsistencies Scott refers to are, I believe, more to do with municipal preferences than state planning. The different residential zones – R1Z, R2Z and R3Z for example – are generally established to suit strategic planning needs as they relate to density. In simple terms different residential zones will have different density benchmarks. Each council will have a "schedule to the zone" which refers to the strategic planning within that zone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.