All Topics / General Property / LMR sites in Brisbane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

Hi Everyone

I was wondering whether anyone knows where I can access a map which shows the LMR areas in Brisbane.  I have been on pdonline but have found that while this is ok for looking at specific areas it is not so good at finding out where the LMR zoned areas are.  I am aware that large areas in Zillmere, Moorooka, Morningside, Coopers Plains, Chermside and zoned LMR, but am sure that there are others which I should be looking at.  If anyone has any info that would be much appreciated.

If anyone wants to offer any comments on which areas they think might be a goer for a small townhouse (3 to 6) development I am more than happy to hear from you too!!

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

You mean a city wide map of LMR zones? PD online is pretty good once you zoom out with the LMR land hilighted, not aware of a better resource. Also if you a tracking an area then planning alert is an excellent site.

Depends on budget where you might look, Zillmere doesn’t excite me longer term the way it’s developing but with development to sell it’s mostly about the numbers and not the location.

Excellent buying out there for renovators and development blocks, because so few are compared to this time last year!

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Seems like you looking mostly inner suburbs and my experience suggests most of the inner suburbs have a portion of LMR and hold solid investment opportunities.  Suggest you contact council as they probably have city wide maps or the like highlighting zonings if you want to be broad in your approach.

Having said that it would also depend on your timing in regard to when you may be actually developing, personally we turn a project over within 24 months of purchase hence set a criteria of suburb location based on our imminent shorter term projection of the area. (markets within markets). Scarcity factor……hopefully you aren’t competing with oversupply of new product on the market  within an area when you get your finished product on the market. We have a project about to hit the market in Greenslopes end of next month and believe the closest competition we have is Woolloongabba for example.

Suburbs like Moorooka, the Morningside/Bulimba area Chermside have had a lot of activity and I know personally from our last project last year In Moorooka a glut of product was available. (that was fun).

Hope that helps you a tad and good luck with your aspirations

Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

Hi guys

thanks for your replies.

I actually have a DA before council at the moment for townhouses in Zillmere.  I know there is a lot of action out there at the moment.   I am not overly wrapped in Zillmere myself because of the amount of new development there.  However, the numbers on this one are really good, so we are proceeding. 

Andrew – why don't you like Zillmere?

Beedie – I know there is  alot in Moorooka, but my thoughts were that they were selling though, perhaps returns are not as high as they might be due to the discounting of stock.  Greenslopes sounds good.  I guess doing anything in a subrub of that calibre is a little off for me yet, due the price of land. But I will certainly start looking there!!

I guess I am after the places as you say where scarcity is the go.  Always a simply issue of supply and demand.  Where are you looking for your next one?

Profile photo of MikeLewisMikeLewis
    @mikelewis

Thank you so much because you post this information. Depends on budget where you might look, Zillmere doesn't excite me longer term the way it's developing but with development to sell it's mostly about the numbers and not the location. I know there is  alot in Moorooka, but my thoughts were that they were selling though, perhaps returns are not as high as they might be due to the discounting of stock. Greenslopes sounds good.  I am really glad that your sharing it with me and other people visiting your website.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Ben,

Sticking to inner city in this climate.. bit more recession proof to so speak….

By the way noticed Greenslopes was in the "; HOT 100";  hotspots in this months ( August Edition) of Australian Property Investor magaizine.

Our development will be on the market in Greenslopes on or around the 29th of the month….. hows that for a bit of luck……..lol……

You can count on your expereince , concentration and instintcs to pull you through most of the time but luck…….. without some luck…….. hmmm…

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    benofbrisbane wrote:

Hi guys

thanks for your replies.

I actually have a DA before council at the moment for townhouses in Zillmere.  I know there is a lot of action out there at the moment.   I am not overly wrapped in Zillmere myself because of the amount of new development there.  However, the numbers on this one are really good, so we are proceeding. 

Andrew – why don't you like Zillmere?

Beedie – I know there is  alot in Moorooka, but my thoughts were that they were selling though, perhaps returns are not as high as they might be due to the discounting of stock.  Greenslopes sounds good.  I guess doing anything in a subrub of that calibre is a little off for me yet, due the price of land. But I will certainly start looking there!!

I guess I am after the places as you say where scarcity is the go.  Always a simply issue of supply and demand.  Where are you looking for your next one?

Zillmere is fine, if you want cheaper development land then it's a prime suspect.

I wouldn't want to live there, don't like the way they are cramming the townhouses on the blocks right up to the boundary often. But when it's about the numbers then all of that is academic if you carefully check your end sale prices and demand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.