All Topics / Help Needed! / QLD mining regions (Bowen & Surat Basins & Gladstone): Willing to help anyone with questions

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 481 total)
  • Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers
    JT7 wrote:
    moxi10 wrote:
    Feasability study for Galilee Basin rail by Adani and QR National  underway. And the media highlights commentators speculating that the resource boom is over. The mining companies don't think so. http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/queensland/rail-line-for-queenslands-gailee-baisin-mooted-with-feasibility-study-underway/2012070555410?utm_source=Property+Observer+List&utm_campaign=8c150268a8-July_6_20124_10_2012&utm_medium=email

Yep…regarding these mining companies, and as Terry Ryder correctly says, it’s very much a case of watch what they do not what they say.

In relation to the current climate it’d be interesting to see where we’d be if we didn’t have this ridiculous government in Canberra! Campbell Newman looks like he’s a man on a mission….those Queenslanders are taking the federal government to the high court over the carbon tax on constitutional grounds. Gotta love those Queenslanders they’ve got some ticker!

JT7 they’re taking the fed govt to court over the mining tax, not the carbon tax aren’t they?

Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers
    JT7 wrote:
    moxi10 wrote:
    Feasability study for Galilee Basin rail by Adani and QR National  underway. And the media highlights commentators speculating that the resource boom is over. The mining companies don't think so. http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/queensland/rail-line-for-queenslands-gailee-baisin-mooted-with-feasibility-study-underway/2012070555410?utm_source=Property+Observer+List&utm_campaign=8c150268a8-July_6_20124_10_2012&utm_medium=email

Yep…regarding these mining companies, and as Terry Ryder correctly says, it’s very much a case of watch what they do not what they say.

In relation to the current climate it’d be interesting to see where we’d be if we didn’t have this ridiculous government in Canberra! Campbell Newman looks like he’s a man on a mission….those Queenslanders are taking the federal government to the high court over the carbon tax on constitutional grounds. Gotta love those Queenslanders they’ve got some ticker!

JT7 they’re taking the fed govt to court over the mining tax, not the carbon tax aren’t they?

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    powderfingers wrote:
    JT7 wrote:
    moxi10 wrote:

Doh! Yes mate, apologies mixed myself up, MRRT :)

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

And more news about Galilee projects…delays, but very ambitious projects with optimistic schedules requiring approvals from handicapped governments are inevitably late. http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2012/07/12/mine-jobs-backburner/

Profile photo of SethBillSethBill
    Participant
    @sethbill

Heard in the news that China will most likely inject another round of stimulus. The last one they had back in 2009 was indeed very effective like a shock absorber. I believe this will have huge impact on coal and iron ore mining industry. So should be a good time to buy another property in CQ town. But looking from the past lesson, I guess it is much safer to invest in Emerald and Blackwater though rather than Moranbah or Dysart. Any thought on that guys?

Profile photo of popelichpopelich
    Participant
    @popelich

Hi,
    does anyone know if any lenders do a 90% lend in Blackwater – thanks

Cheers
    Anne

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    SethBill wrote:
    Heard in the news that China will most likely inject another round of stimulus. The last one they had back in 2009 was indeed very effective like a shock absorber. I believe this will have huge impact on coal and iron ore mining industry. So should be a good time to buy another property in CQ town. But looking from the past lesson, I guess it is much safer to invest in Emerald and Blackwater though rather than Moranbah or Dysart. Any thought on that guys?

Yes, I think people don’t give China enough credit for their economic intelligence. The global economic community has little confidence at the moment and if you listen to the ups and downs of the market is very easy to get caught up in the negativity of it all. The fact remains the fundamentals remain very solid.

China’s global dominance and long term dynasties are historic……they’ve just had a couple of quiet centuries!

The Asian century? I think we’re in for a longer ride than that!

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    popelich wrote:
    Hi,
    does anyone know if any lenders do a 90% lend in Blackwater – thanks

Cheers
    Anne

Hi Anne, I think a good MB should be able to give you the answer.

There are a number on this forum.

Richard Taylor who is a prolific contributer on the forum operates in this area and is a very savvy operator. Perhaps shoot him a PM.

Richard’s in the process of financing a deal for me in this area that will proceed seamlessly I’m sure.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Profile photo of jadatom05jadatom05
    @jadatom05

From my mb re WBC lending

Please find attached policy change that advises that the bank will use only 60% of rental income in
    Blackwater
    Moranbah
    Dysart
    May Downs
    Middlemount

FYI I have exact copy of policy if anyone wants
    Cheers
    Jane

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo
    jadatom05 wrote:
    From my mb re WBC lending Please find attached policy change that advises that the bank will use only 60% of rental income in Blackwater Moranbah Dysart May Downs Middlemount FYI I have exact copy of policy if anyone wants Cheers Jane

Hi Jane,can i have a copy ,

Profile photo of Prattman77Prattman77
    @prattman77

Hey Jane,

I'd appreciate a copy too.  Would you be able to send it to my profile address?  Your profile says you are not accepting emails.

Thanks.

Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers
    Prattman77 wrote:
    Hey Jane,

I'd appreciate a copy too.  Would you be able to send it to my profile address?  Your profile says you are not accepting emails.

Thanks.

Me too, thanks.

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi Everyone,

Now that everyone should start recovering from the headache of end of financial year (I hope you all had a depreciation schedule!), I’ve updated my blog (see link below) with some comments about the widely publicised view of the mining boom being over.

Again, just my thoughts. I hope you all like it.

Thanks again for everyone’s continued support and for all of your recommendations to your friends about our company. We have had some great success in delivering some amazing investment properties and outcomes to those that used our brokerage services last financial year. We look forward to doing to all again, even better we hope!

Cheers,

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hey Dubstep interesting reading. Looks like Campbell Newman might be angling for a political or personal donation from Gina and the Indians to get the dam built.

Participant
    @moxi10

Here's a new twist. Some potential tenents training for mining jobs.

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2012/07/28/criminals-eye-mine-jobs/

Participant
    @dubstep

Hi Moxi,

Good on them for trying to better there lives !

I guess there must be some angle to the Dam saga, I'm not sure what it may be, but this infrastructure is definately needed for the mining growth in CQ.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi guys

Sorry for the late answer to the question raised in relation to lvr in Blackwater but i have been up in Darwin at a Finance conference.

Yes Westpac have cut back their rental acceptance in many a post code.

In regards to lvr we can still get 90% lend in Blackwater and have been doing so regularly.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.