All Topics / Help Needed! / QLD mining regions (Bowen & Surat Basins & Gladstone): Willing to help anyone with questions

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 481 total)
  • Profile photo of Paul JBPaul JB
    @paul-jb

Just wanted to find out if anyone has had any success with BMA recently; we have the lease on our place coming up for renewal in 2 months.

Thanks

Profile photo of Aviator77Aviator77
    Participant
    @aviator77
    michmich wrote:
    Hi Josh, my partner and I were about to purchase in Emerald however our insurance broker who deals in mining prop..around Qld advised us not to proceed with the purch. Insurance apparently is very high, and Emerald is extremely flood prone. Is this correct? Were you affected in the last floods? He did however say that he agreed that all the no’s def. stack up in Emerald making it a very attractive invest.
    Mich

Michmich if I were you I would be looking to tap into the expertise of Josh and his business as I purchased a while ago in Emerald and already looking (and able) to re-invest again. He has walked me through the entire process helping me get a renter in the property and now I have re-engaged to purchase again. He has exclusive stock in Emerald that isn’t even flood affected from the heights of 2008 and 2010 floods so I’m pretty comfortable with where its at.
    Not that I am expecting the current rental prices to remain as they are, but have you seen what a 4 bedroom house can fetch in the current climate in Emerald? These properties might net you yields of 6-10% depending on the timing of settlement date and if you have them furnished. They are also still pretty cheap for a large mining hub/town with 4 large projects still gearing up to be opened in and around Alpha…. so cap growth on current purchase prices is almost a dead certainty.

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi Everyone,

A new short blog update for Emerald … http://ppiqldtour.blogspot.com.au/

Cheers,

Profile photo of shawnfromsydneyshawnfromsydney
    @shawnfromsydney
    Portfolio PI wrote:
    GLADSTONE CENTRAL QUEENSLAND….. Okay here's what I think of Gladstone… Prices are a bit everywhere at face value (realestate.com, agents etc) which is synonymous with many regional centers in QLD. However when you dig that bit deeper you can see the consistency. There are a few areas of interest: 1. Barney point and South: I looked at two blocks there yesterday. One had just sold, it was approved for 4 x 3 bedroom units. It sold for 410k and still had 100k of headworks to pay! That's nearly the same price I can buy a house block in other towns for which will receive great growth also. What greeted me immediately in Barney point was a group of locals drinking on the beach at 1pm! The council still own a lot of land obviously as they had commission housing in the area. I think it's a great place for High density units (a lot of it is classified as high density already) however for houses I think that people will continue out west in the newer estates with all the new services and shops etc. The only agent that said that the demographics are changing in Barney point is a guy who owns a house there. None the less, in the long term I think Barney point demographics could change. 2. CBD: There are a lot of 2 bedroom units in 4/5 story buildigns being constructed with high volumes of sales around the $450,000 mark furnished. Rental returns of approx $650- low $700 are the estimates for these new ones. There are many more approved sites for developments like these and another 4 in council currently at an advanced stage. Western suburbs: this is where all the new estates are and are still going, a new woolworths is going right on the edge of town also. The shopping out there is good (approx 10 mins drive from CBD) however if you don't work in the CBD you don't need to come in to it all the time. New house and land starts at $500,000 however the standards of these homes are very poor in my opinion. It seems to be around the $550,000 range for a good package which is Val/ market value still. Many people who are spruikng the $500k packages are saying you are getting it for $50,000 less. You're just getting $50,000 of less house and or land. A $550,000 house will achieve approx $650 per week rent currently, whilst furnishing it seems to be the way to go and achieving $800-$1000. Even up to $1200 if you want to get creative and spend another $50,000 – $ 70,000. some builders are really bad! Especially Vantage homes, they are terrible here and even the real estate agents here warn against them. I feel sorry for the people that have bought some homes based on hype, when they need to resell on the local market the agents don't even like the house so what hope do they have to get the best return! I am concerned about the construction workforce still. It has always been my concern and it still is to be honest. In 5 years many employees may not be here. CSG has a very large construction workforce and a significantly lower long term workforce. And the reality is that a lot of people here are a construction workforce. Gladstone has had many peaks and troughs in history as influxes of construction workforces has coke and gone. However, of course it has always gone up in the long term. There is a lot more land coming on the market, there are currently 4 large unit sites (40+) for public comment with council. I don't have a doubt they will all rent out. But in 5 years? I don't know and I don't think I trust it yet personally for a long term hold. Land has risen from $180,000 last year to $250-$280 currently. The main shortage or residential land is NOW. Which means that land prices could be at or near their ceiling. The mining companies won't currently rent a house that is older than 5 or 6 years. This is the first time I have seen this as it seems to be unique with the Coal Seam Gas industries. I was also interested in buying an old house and subdividing the block and battle axing. However with strict council zoning for smaller developments this seems harder than previously thought. In light of this, not all rents will soar, only new houses or units. Yes I am sure they will all go up, but it won't be port headland where you buy a 3 bedroom dump and rent it out for $1000 +. this seems to only come with the new properties.

I seriously cannot believe that Gladstone is getting between $450 – $500k for property at the moment. This is the average price for Far Western Sydney at the moment. I used to live in Gladstone 10 years ago, and property was only about $80K. Sydney average 10 years ago was between $400 – $420k. I knew that there was a lot of mining and industry moving into town in Gladstone, but lots of it has come and gone, and there are new players moved in but only planing to stay for about 5 – 6 years.
    Other than this why has property gone up by over $450K in just 10 years in Gladstone?
    I just cannot see why….can somebody explain this to me?
    Is there lots of options and developemt sytle oportunities available in Gladstone <moderator: delete advertising>

Profile photo of trickeymickeytrickeymickey
    @trickeymickey
    shawnfromsydney wrote:
    why has property gone up by over $450K in just 10 years in Gladstone?
    I just cannot see why….can somebody explain this to me?

shawnfromsydney… Cmon buddy… You seriously don't know?…. Why are crappy little old houses fetching up to a million dollars in Moranbah and earning $2000-$3000 a week in rent….. The same principle that governs the worlds economies….. SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Profile photo of trickeymickeytrickeymickey
    @trickeymickey

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/state-government-approves-gina-rineharts-6b-alpha-coal-mine-in-galilee-basin/story-e6freon6-1226371241925

Gina Rinehart is now the worlds richest woman…. We knew this project was coming but great to see it's official. I'd imagine that will put more pressure on the Emerald market…

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep
    Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hey Dubstep, that's a  Great article.  I love Terry's positive attitude. I think it was him that first came out with that saying "watch what the mining companies do, not what they say". And on the subject of making property investment decisions based on long term factors, I couldn't agree more. The daily wild gyrations and frequent dramatic reversals of international and local stockmarkets clearly demonstrate the degree by which the average "investor" allows himself to be influenced by the vaguest of news about the state of global and local economies. As Terry suggests, the best approach is to base decisions on individual appraisal of the longer term outlook, filter short term noise, hysteria, panic, and over-dramatised negativity, invest accordingly and stick to your strategy.  I'm glad I've invested in Queensland, including Emerald, Mackay and Gladstone. And I'll continue to do so. Here's an interesting link to an article in the Emerald newspaper related to the plans for rail in the Galilee Basin.
    http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2012/06/01/farmers-in-a-frenzy-over-mine/

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Whilst the Qld Govt might have approved the Alpha mine the Federal Govt have put a hold on it.

Be interesting to see how Campbell takes on the Feds to get this one over the line quick smart.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @dubstep

He is the can do man  ! !

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

I haven't seen the recently approved Mac camp for Moranbah mentioned anywhere on the forumn yet. Here's a link for an article about it in the Mackay newspaper. The comments below the article are also interesting and enlightening.     http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2012/06/05/council-slams-mining-camp-anne-baker/

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Whilst the Qld Govt might have approved the Alpha mine the Federal Govt have put a hold on it.

Be interesting to see how Campbell takes on the Feds to get this one over the line quick smart.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Roll on the federal election Richard…..it can’t come soon enough IMHO!

Participant
    @dubstep

I think it will be very similar to the Qld elections  !

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies

Hi Everyone

I know a builder up in Moranbah that has over a dozen houses he has to move/demolish in order to build new units on the sites.

Is anyone interested in relocating any houses up in the area? – He has advised me you can have them for Free it you want them otherwise they will be demolished and taken to the tip as rubble.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I will give you his contact details

Cheers

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

HI Michael Andjelkovic ,
    yes please can i have your builders contact
    Cheers

Profile photo of dizzy_7dizzy_7
    Participant
    @dizzy_7

This thread has provided great insight and information. thanks to everyone who has contributed

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi Guys ,
    i have got very good report on gladstone ,muranbah and dysart area .if any body needs one happy to e mail you ,
    cheers

Profile photo of popelichpopelich
    Participant
    @popelich

Hi Michael,
    how many units are in the builders pipeline for Moranbah?

Cheers

Profile photo of propdogpropdog
    @propdog

Hi Josh

I have been approached to buy new land / housing in Kingaroy. Do you reckon there is going to be much capital gain there over the next few years? There seems to be a lot of land opening up for development and this makes me dubious about capital gain potential.

Cheers

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies
    APWPG wrote:
    HI Michael Andjelkovic ,yes please can i have your builders contact Cheers

APWPG – sent to you by PM and SMS

popelich wrote:
    Hi Michael,how many units are in the builders pipeline for Moranbah?Cheers

This particular Builder has over 100 he tells me – As far as I can calculate  from a couple of months ago there were close to 1000 dwellings in the pipeline comprises 4 x medium density unit blocks of around 100 units each, over 200 knock down rebuilds, I don't know how many backyard additions and another 300 plus blocks of land about to be released with some duplex sites. So supply of accommodation in Moranbah will increase over the next 12 to 18 months for sure – Are you aware of anything else or different?

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.