All Topics / Help Needed! / Buyers agents in Adelaide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of carlincarlin
    Participant
    @carlin

Hi there,

Due to being time-poor, I'm thinking of using a buyers agent to purchase our next IP. Must be Adelaide-based.

Would love to hear any recommendations.

Also….how exactly do they charge? Is it a % of the purchase price? If so, how much? And are there other costs in using one?

I know that they can sometimes save you money, but of-course their fees need to be taken into account in doing the maths.

Finally, can you get them to help at different stages? eg: If we found the right place, could they come in an negotiate on our behalf? Or bid on our behalf?

Thanks,
    Carlin

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi carlin,

I only know 1 buyers agent in Adelaide who tried to help a client purchase a property from me last year. I’m not recommending him, infact I’m letting you know to not use him! Simon Swift was his name. I’m not one to bag people but I have no qualms doing it in this case. He caused nothing but trouble. Sorry I don’t know any good ones.

They usually charge you an amount to do all the work, not 100% sure about the cost but if you get a good one I’m sure it will be worth the cost. There’s some buyers agents on the forum which will be able to help more than me

Good luck! Josh

Profile photo of igreenigreen
    Participant
    @igreen

Hi Carlin,

I am from sydney and was intending of using a buyers agent. I called 3 of them and found

1) He was pushing me to buy one of his property listed by his Wife Xenia
    2) The worst – Pushing me to buy an interest in a not yet constructed townhouse
    3) Waterman and Waterman – he seemed genuine. However, he said it would take sometime to get the property I was looking in my budget 350 to 450K. Which I think was fair. I decided to fly to Adelaide and bought one in christies beach

I got the above 3 referrals by doing  a search from this forum and somersoft

Regards
    igreen

Profile photo of carlincarlin
    Participant
    @carlin

Thanks for all responses so far.

What I don't get with using a buyers' agent is if their payment's based on what you pay for a place, where's the incentive for them to get it for a good price?

There's more incentive, with that charging system, to make you overpay.

cheers,
    Carlin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.