All Topics / Help Needed! / Current House Prices

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of OkapiedOkapied
    @okapied

Hello

I'm trying to get a good idea of current house selling prices in Australia.
    The webpages that claim to report house prices seem to be withholding a lot of information at the moment.  There's a lot of 'contact agent', and not a lot of actual reported prices.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this information?  It is hard to get a grip on what the market is actually doing at the moment in Aust!

Cheers

Ana

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Ana

We have quite a few links on our website that will help you out – http://www.passgo.com.au/property-data-websites

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of lifestylezlifestylez
    Participant
    @lifestylez

You can use the "sold" feature at RealEstate.com.au, it shows the date and price sold for some properties in the area you search for.

http://www.realestate.com.au/sold

Also, if you pick up a copy of "Australian Property Investor" magazine, at the back they usually have data tables for median prices of all suburbs across Australia for both units and houses.

Darren.

Profile photo of mellissacmellissac
    @mellissac

I think the problem is that the agents are all blocking the prices in certain areas as they dont want you to see how low the sale price actually was. I am having the same problem trying to find sales prices in northern nsw on realestate.com.au

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Try http://www.myrpdata.com.au- they have the sales history but you need to pay for each suburb report. Alternatively you could contact your mortgage broker or a realestate agent and request a copy of a suburb(s) reports as many of these people have a subscription to the service.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of KlahKlah
    @klah

You can register with Pricefinder or RPdata. They have information on recent sales in areas, this does cost money though.

Profile photo of OkapiedOkapied
    @okapied

Thanks to everyone for very useful comments.  I'll continue the search!

Cheers,

Ana

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Hi luke (or anyone who knows),

What's the time lag between actual sales and the time the data turns up in paid suburb reports like my rpdata?

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of Peter_TPeter_T
    @peter_t
    itsandrew wrote:
    What's the time lag between actual sales and the time the data turns up in paid suburb reports like my rpdata?

Data usually turns up in RPData & Residex reports once it hits the state revenue office.  This occurs 1-4 weeks after settlement.

If you've got a 60 day settlement, the data might not show up in a report until 90 days after the contract was signed.  Agents and valuers have access to more recent information, but this does assume the selling agent is publishing the data (which doesn't always occur).

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Thanks Peter

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.