All Topics / General Property / QLD Stamp Duty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of TaG80TaG80
    @tag80

Am looking at purchasing a property North of Brisbane, which I believe is priced ok, due to the market coming back a little in recent months, however wanting to know if I should get in a sign a contract before 01st August when Stamp Duty will nearly double, or wait until after the 01st August to see if there is a "slump" due to the stamp duty being increased?

Also, anyone have any information on long term eg. 5 – 10 year growth predictions of the North Brisbane suburbs like Murumbah Downs, Mango Hill and Griffin??

Cheers,

TaG

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

If its a investment property it makes no difference . So assume you buying as a PPOR……????

Thread on this below

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/general-property/4337074

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    TaG80 wrote:
    Am looking at purchasing a property North of Brisbane, which I believe is priced ok, due to the market coming back a little in recent months, however wanting to know if I should get in a sign a contract before 01st August when Stamp Duty will nearly double, or wait until after the 01st August to see if there is a "slump" due to the stamp duty being increased?

Also, anyone have any information on long term eg. 5 – 10 year growth predictions of the North Brisbane suburbs like Murumbah Downs, Mango Hill and Griffin??

Cheers,

TaG

Tag are you being sold this property? Just that these areas are marketing central for people flogging new house and land packages. Also they love their 7-10 year predictions.. never go wrong… invest for your retirement…. 8/10 Aussies retire broke.. and so on

The market has come back more than just a little out here, some outstanding value compared to 12-18 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.