All Topics / Help Needed! / Recommended property managers – Kellyville and Hammondville (Liverpool) areas?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of n_green983n_green983
    Participant
    @n_green983

Hey guys just after some recommendations from those of you with rental properties in the Kellyville and Hammondville (Liverpool) NSW areas. My wife and I were lucky enough to own one house each when we met (well have one mortgage each), now that we're married we've purchased a PPOR together to live in and will be renting out both our places. Hammondville is a 3bd house and Kellyville is a 3bd townhouse (small complex of 6). Shouldn't make any difference re property managers should it.. (first time either of us will be renting a place out so clueless)
    I've arranged for all of the local agents in the area to come round to both for a chat / appraisal however was hoping for some experience / recommendations from anyone with good or bad experience with anyone in the areas.
    Also, what are the usual / average fees / commissions etc we should expect to pay?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Is the mortgage on your PPOR large?  If so you might want to look at refinancing or selling one of the IPs to get the debt on the PPOR down (since it is non-deductible debt)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of n_green983n_green983
    Participant
    @n_green983

Hi, we've considered it, though given both of the IP's should be pretty close to neautrally geared, why would we?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

to reduce your debt on your home. if you are paying bank interest it is better if it deductible

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of n_green983n_green983
    Participant
    @n_green983

At this stage we will be keeping all three. Though that will be continually evaluated as time goes by. I do understand that ideally we would sell both, pay down PPOR as much as possible and then re-draw to re-purchase more IPs making the majority of interest deductible, however at this stage we are just going to rent both IP's out for 6 months or so and then make a decision.
    Meanwhile, anyone have any advice for property managers in these areas?

Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

I use Shad @ Harcourts Rouse Hill for my properties out that way.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    n_green983 wrote:

At this stage we will be keeping all three. Though that will be continually evaluated as time goes by. I do understand that ideally we would sell both, pay down PPOR as much as possible and then re-draw to re-purchase more IPs making the majority of interest deductible, however at this stage we are just going to rent both IP's out for 6 months or so and then make a decision.
    Meanwhile, anyone have any advice for property managers in these areas?

No I definitely would not sell. The money you lose selling then buying again is wasted money. Sydney market is moving so you'll lose CG to sell now (my opinion of course + lots of others I have to admit)     Sorry can't help with agents in those areas.
    Congrats on the marriage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.