All Topics / General Property / dateline – chinas property bubble

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Mr5o1Mr5o1
    Participant
    @mr5o1

This was a really interesting segment on SBS’ dateline back in March. I found it to be a very very interesting watch..

watch the video here

google maps locations (you can see there’s no cars on the roads):
    Zhengzhou New District, Henan
    South China Mall, Dongguan
    Ordos, Inner Mongolia
    Erenhot, Xilin Gol, Inner Mongolia
    Dantu, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu
    Yunan University Campus, Yunnan, Changgong

I’ve not really watched enough of dateline to know if their investigative journalism is generally skewed, but you’ve got to assume that it probably is. That said, knowing china’s propensity for censoring international (& local) journalism, I get the uncomfortable feeling that what you see here might be the tip of the iceberg.

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

Is there a different link to the story? Firefox reports that it's an attack site!

What is the current listing status for http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline?

Site is listed as suspicious – visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 84 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 54 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2011-07-16, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-07-16.

Malicious software includes 7 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 18 new process(es) on the target machine.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I watched this episode a few months ago. It was very interesting – basically a report on how China has stimulated the building industry to such an extent that there's no demand for the properties being built.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Mr5o1Mr5o1
    Participant
    @mr5o1

Sorry Dloy.. I’ve changed the links – the new video is from youtube and changed the photos for the actual locations on google maps – pretty spooky actually :)

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

Thanks for that, all the links work fine.

I did read about it briefly a while ago but didn't realize it was actually that bad. All those lower classes living in abject poverty surrounded by empty apartments, crazy!

Kind of understand where the Gov is coming from but that is definitely an extreme. Wonder how much worse it will get and what's in store if China ever becomes #1…

(I originally thought you were referring to another type of Chinese ghost town!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.