All Topics / Help Needed! / Need help about inner brisbane property investment!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland

Hi, everybody:

I am looking to buy an established apartment/unit in inner brisbane for investment. Looking for capital gain though I would prefer a little negative geared or neutral geared. One bed apartment more than 65m2 or 2bed apartment more than 80m2. Prefer apartment/unit with room to do cosmetic renovation to increase the equity.

I have been to Annerley/Greenslopes before. Not sure at this moment which other suburb in inner brisbane provide opportunity or potential. I could afford to spend 200k high or early 300K. Really appreciate someone being familiar in inner brisbane could give me some tips.

thanks in advance

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

For early 300's then I think entry level 2+1(or 2)+1 older units in good blocks and locations in this 5-6k from the CBD range and very run down condition would be good targets. Idea being you cosmetically renovate to add value and yield, perhaps look for a twist such as fully furnished if you need higher rents.

Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland
    Andrew_A wrote:
    For early 300's then I think entry level 2+1(or 2)+1 older units in good blocks and locations in this 5-6k from the CBD range and very run down condition would be good targets. Idea being you cosmetically renovate to add value and yield, perhaps look for a twist such as fully furnished if you need higher rents.

Andrew:

thanks for your reply. May I know the meaning of 2+1(or 2)+1 ?

I heard old units are normally bigger in size and have low body coorporate fee. By renovation, this could give some equity. Which are prefered ( units or houses ) by owner-occupier or tenants in these suburbs at this moment?

thanks

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 garage.

No easy answer to what people prefer, would need to narrow that question down a little. 'Depends' would be a good answer I think. If you are thinking of renovating then it would be a good idea to connect with people who do that, the Brisbane property networking group might be a good place to start.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie
    Andrew_A wrote:
    locations in this 5-6k from the CBD range and very run down condition would be good targets. Idea being you cosmetically renovate to add value and yield,

Have to agree with Andrew. … Sticking in that 5 km radius.

Im doing a development within the Greenslopes – Coorparoo area and nothing wrong with your choice of suburbs especially with the new busway corridor under construction and Stones Corner inevitably getting a well-deserved face lift one would hope rippling from the activity in Woolloongabba which raises the question on how long you propose to hold the property.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.