All Topics / Creative Investing / Looking for Property Investment mentor program

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams

Hi guys,

Few weeks ago I attend the John Fitzgerald Custodian Wealth Builder seminar and personal meeting with M. Quinn, their presentation seems to make sense to me as I’m total newbie in the investment property arena.

While the pricing for being help by the Custodian WB team might be rather steep 3% for the first IP purchase and then 2% for the subsequent purchase, but it is assumed that if you don’t buy anything from them then you’ve got nothing to lose and some more info to gain about how real estate investment really works.

I am now comparing it with JDL Strategies (Julio De Laffitte) with the pricing or $880 once off lifetime and $ 8400 for the first IP and $ 3500 for subsequent IP purchase, they’ll give you report and of course strategies yearly in where to buy according to your condition and their stock if available.

Any comments and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi Henry,

Comments and opinions may vary depending on what you are trying to achieve from these companies. Are you just wanting sound advice or are you looking at investing on a long term basis with whichever company you choose?

Each company I assume will have their opinion on where to invest. Whilst there are many truths behind opinions out their, you have to realise that you are talking about capital growth…. opinions is all their is to go off sometimes. They will also implement their strategy, which is THEIR strategy…this may not be yours. Make sure that you know what youre comfortable with. Remember they are also makign LARGE amounts of money from developers/ing and builders etc. Just make sure you are not paying them over 50k to buy a house from them ( I mean thatin regards to management fees, commissions from builders etc)

Let me know if you have any specific questions and im happy to help.

Josh

Profile photo of RenoTeamRenoTeam
    @renoteam

Henry, There are many Mentor programs available, it really depends on what route you wish to pursue- eg renovation/development and alot has to do with your financial structure and end goals. Have a look around this forum, you’ll see you can become fairly savvy by asking or searching for answers in here :)

Holly

Profile photo of EleaElea
    @elea

Hi Henry,

Yeah, I agree with Reno there are lots of available Mentor program. My friend recomended this Property Coaching Program and I don’t have any regrets joining this. They helped me on achieving my goals and success. They also guided me all the way.

They are organizing an event for those in the Syndey. I believe that we can learn from this seminar. For those who are interested you can visit this site. http://educatingpropertyinvestors.com/july-seminar-sydney/

Thank you!

Profile photo of Gordie1080Gordie1080
    @gordie1080

Hello Henry, this is interesting post – I would stay well away from JDL Strategies and could probably find you ten more people who would say the same. They are a viral marketing company plain and simple selling overpriced property. It’s funny I should see this post today because I just read a post (in another forum) stating how destructive JDL was and how they have now dumped the poor guy after he ran into financial difficulties. We had dealings with a young guy (JDL) in Perth who had no idea what he was on about. I have now heard so many bad stories about the company it’s a wonder the authorities haven’t jumped on them.

Profile photo of RenoTeamRenoTeam
    @renoteam

Gordie,

We must have been reading the same “other” forum, as I saw it an remembered this thread :) Terrible situation to be it.
    Hope this forum/thread helps people filter through the growing number of companies to steer clear of .

Holly

Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams

thanks to all for the suggestion and recommendation.

doh, I have just paid $880 with my credit card with them :-/
    from what I can see now is that they’re trying to sell me a certain preselected IP and then charge me AUD $ 8500 for the first purchase and then AUD $ 3500 for subsequent IP.

care to share where the link or the forum htread might be for JDL scam please ?

one thing that I know is that CWB is way too expensive because they charge 3%

@gordie1080

Doh Henry, just ask for your money back – you have rights. I use another company after months and months of research (no names no advertising for them) so have experience but am no expert. Best of luck.

Profile photo of Kent CliffeKent Cliffe
    Participant
    @kent-cliffe

If you're paying 3% why not use a Buyers' Agent who has a contractual obligation to you.

Almost every single project marketers does get a kick back from the builder and a “marketing fee” from the developer. Which is not a “sales commission” so they don’t have to always disclose it. Alternatively, they have a put/call option on the land – so when they on sell the option for more they also receive the profit from that too.

I’ve heard of some coms being as high as 8%+ once you take into account all these other hidden payments.

Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams
    Gordie1080 wrote:
    Doh Henry, just ask for your money back – you have rights. I use another company after months and months of research (no names no advertising for them) so have experience but am no expert. Best of luck.

LOL money back :-o
    what do you mean by another company Gordie ? I’m confused here is it buyers agency or some other “Wealth building Mentor” ?

@gordie1080

Sorry Henry bad use of words. I would suggest doing a lot of homework (a lot). I use a company that helps with my financial situation and then makes recommendations. Property is something I choose to use in order to set up my retirement. I agree with Kent (above) but I needed help with my financials. I still get a load of crap from jdl even though I have asked to be removed from their emails. Some of the stuff is incorrect and funny. Remember I am not an expert and wouldnt say so. I just know enough to stay away from companies like the jdl's of the world.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Henry
    Suggest you look in the right hand column on this page, click on “1 on 1 Property Mentoring”.
    Worked wonders for us.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.