All Topics / Finance / Refinance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi all

I am looking at refinancing my PPOR and IP loans, my current finance is with a credit union and they have a limit of what they can lend me which is well under what I can service and need for my investing. I have talked to a mortgage broker and he has put forward the Commonwealth Bank as an option. The package was there Premier Banking, which appears to have flexible options in going forward.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of package, good or bad, or a similar package with another bank. The ANZ is not an option.

Cheers

John

Profile photo of BrocksbyBrocksby
    Participant
    @brocksby

As far as ANZ bank, i have very pleasant experience with it and never have nay complaint . But your case is different than mine, I think you should consult any expert on this field then decide.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    jdufall wrote:
    Hi all

I am looking at refinancing my PPOR and IP loans, my current finance is with a credit union and they have a limit of what they can lend me which is well under what I can service and need for my investing. I have talked to a mortgage broker and he has put forward the Commonwealth Bank as an option. The package was there Premier Banking, which appears to have flexible options in going forward.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of package, good or bad, or a similar package with another bank. The ANZ is not an option.

Cheers

John

Hi John

It's hard to comment on what's best for you without knowing your particular circumstances (which I wouldn't expect you to splash all over a public forum).

That said, ANZ are a decent option for refi's at the moment. They'll subsidies up to $1000 to offset the switching costs for each loan that you refinance from another lender. They are also offering some decent rate discounts depending on your total borrowings.

Cheers

Jamie

A subsidy of up to $1000 to offset switching costs charged by other financial institutions

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi Jamie

It is more of a general question of how flexible the package is. I understand that everyones circumstances are different. The reason that I will never use the ANZ again is that they forged a signature on a security document and allowed someone to sign on as a signatory to a friends business account and fleeced it by $40k.

Cheers
    John

Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi Allington

It was a business partners signature cross collateralising his house into a development we were doing at the time. We noticed it when we went to the bank for finance for another project. They came up with the excuse that I must have done it on his behalf, if only it was that easy. My business partner hit the roof, as I too went off at them, and closed his accounts as soon as we could arrange other finance. He didn't take it any further than shifting his business.

Cheers
    John

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell
    jdufall wrote:
    Hi all

Cheers

John

Hi John, its a very good package and I have placed a number of customers to this package.

I would also ask you to consider the NAB choice and the Bank of Melbourne advantage.

Bank of Melbourne are giving up to .95% off as a special offer.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi John,

Yep, credit unions simply don't cut the mustard on anything other than bread & butter one or two loans if you're game and you use a bank for all your transactional stuff.
    Re packages, absolutely great value for money – assuming you use the lender for the majority or all of your other banking including rewards credit cards in order to maximise the annual fees. Even more value if you have couple of loans, and in the future will be restructuring, or evn buying more property, so as to benefit from no other application or swtich fees.
    As already mentioned, NAB is a good one (choice) and the ANZ is ok too, although I can appreciate you would run a mile if that has happened.

Cheers

Profile photo of MrDarcyMrDarcy
    @mrdarcy

I am moving from Commbank to ANZ as per the above statements and with 1% off over 700k id be keen to see if that doesnt sway the sour taste..

Sorry to be blunt but money is money at the end of the day and I can assure you CB wont be any better..

I was going through a split with my wife and they printed copies of all of my statements in a branch and handed them over to her.. Then also charged ME for it.. (I had two days earlier marked all accounts with a note saying that she was removed from all access!!)

Needless to say this didnt help in the finance split!!!!!!!

At the end of the day people make mistakes and I still use Commbank..  I need them to continue the journey!

I'd give ANZ a go.. Its a good deal and if investing is what your into, It should be the overall focus..

If I was fleeced 40k by a bank mistake, Id be getting it back or taking it further

But if your business partner has let it go, maybe you could too?

At least crunch the numbers on it 1st..

Cheers

@ksherwell
    MrDarcy wrote:
    I am moving from Commbank to ANZ as per the above statements and with 1% off over 700k id be keen to see if that doesnt sway the sour taste..

Sorry to be blunt but money is money at the end of the day and I can assure you CB wont be any better..

I was going through a split with my wife and they printed copies of all of my statements in a branch and handed them over to her.. Then also charged ME for it.. (I had two days earlier marked all accounts with a note saying that she was removed from all access!!)

Needless to say this didnt help in the finance split!!!!!!!

At the end of the day people make mistakes and I still use Commbank..  I need them to continue the journey!

I'd give ANZ a go.. Its a good deal and if investing is what your into, It should be the overall focus..

If I was fleeced 40k by a bank mistake, Id be getting it back or taking it further

But if your business partner has let it go, maybe you could too?

At least crunch the numbers on it 1st..

Cheers

Hello Mr Darcy

Be aware if you  are going to refinance to ANZ, they are giving a $1000 cash back for making the switch.  This is available either by going direct, being referred or via brokers.

@mrdarcy

Yep we are taking that up as well..

A win win really.

Cheers

~ Thought as it was mentioned above I wouldnt repeat..

@mrdarcy

[/quote]

Hello Mr Darcy

Be aware if you  are going to refinance to ANZ, they are giving a $1000 cash back for making the switch.  This is available either by going direct, being referred or via brokers. [/quote]

Checked out your site Kane..

pretty neat!

@ksherwell
    MrDarcy wrote:

Hello Mr Darcy

Be aware if you  are going to refinance to ANZ, they are giving a $1000 cash back for making the switch.  This is available either by going direct, being referred or via brokers. [/quote]

Checked out your site Kane..

pretty neat![/quote]

Thanks Mr Darcy, we are releasing a new, more modern site in 2 weeks. <moderator: delete advertising>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.