All Topics / Help Needed! / Corio Property- subdivision of land to build a new unit in back yard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bythebaybythebay
    Participant
    @bythebay

Corio investment property, rented out with a fantastic tenant at $220 p/week. (existing ex commision home, 3 bed…735 sqm land size). amount owing on mortgage is $40.000k
    Wondering about costs associated with planning to build an additional 2bd unit in the back yard. or should i build two? as i do not want to overcapitalise. If so would it be worthwhile doing this in the corio area? located near corio village shopping centre, just off bacchus marsh rd. Any thoughts?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

You'd easily burn through a figure in the order of $150k to build in the backyard, and that will not include the creation of the driveway, fencing etc.

Remember that you require a driveway width of minimum 3metres for the rear property to utilise.

If you intend to subdivide, double check with council the minimum block sizes for the area and ensure your two resulting blocks will comply.

Talk to Barwon Water to understand if there are any pipes under the ground that would prevent building and/or subdivision.  Have the same conversation with council and a local surveyor.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

aftab
    Participant
    @aftabk

Hi there,

I am looking to invest in Corio, VIC. Please let me know how your experience has been. I have a budget of around 200K and looking to buy a 2Bed room unit. Is this area and Norlane safe to invest?
    Any thoughts anyone?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  aftab.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.