All Topics / Opinionated! / Renting In An Inner City Suburb in Melb..but which one??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ladolcevita00ladolcevita00
    @ladolcevita00

Hi everyone I'm not sure if this post belongs in this section, my apologies if it doesn't :)

Me and my partner are planning to move in together and we are looking for an apartment to rent..the problem is I'm not too sure of the suburb!

We want to move closer to the inner city as his job prospects are mainly based there.

We only have one car, so the suburb has to have good public transport links to the city.

We cant afford to rent in a suburb that's too expensive, eg Toorak, Richmond

Willing to pay up too $300 a week for a 1-2 Bedroom apartment.

I was looking at the following suburbs:

Brunswick
    Preston
    Thornbury
    Coburg
    Northcote

What do you guys think of the above? Any feedback would be really helpful and I'm open to suggestions too.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Brunswick and Northcote are about even stevens, then Coburg, followed by the rest.

Brunswick and Northcote have great transport and cafe scenes. Great lifestyle suburbs. Coburg is not really my thing although a little bit cheaper.

Profile photo of emmahudson88emmahudson88
    @emmahudson88
    ladolcevita00 wrote:
    Hi everyone I'm not sure if this post belongs in this section, my apologies if it doesn't :)

Me and my partner are planning to move in together and we are looking for an apartment to rent..the problem is I'm not too sure of the suburb!

We want to move closer to the inner city as his job prospects are mainly based there.

We only have one car, so the suburb has to have good public transport links to the city.

We cant afford to rent in a suburb that's too expensive, eg Toorak, Richmond

Willing to pay up too $300 a week for a 1-2 Bedroom apartment.

I was looking at the following suburbs:

Brunswick
    Preston
    Thornbury
    Coburg
    Northcote

What do you guys think of the above? Any feedback would be really helpful and I'm open to suggestions too.

Thanks in advance

Thanks you for the post.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.