All Topics / Help Needed! / Strata and Stratum I dont understand, please help

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lucigooseylucigoosey
    @lucigoosey

Hello

I have found a good 1 bedroom apartment in a good location but the section 32 states its a stratum title.

I have been reading that stratum title is not a good thing but I dont understand. I assume I still own the apartment when its on a stratum title.

Can some explain it and let me know the drawbacks. Sorry to be a sap of knowledge but I cant find a simple explanation searching the internet.

Dont know if this helps – Its an apartment block of about 20 apartments, built in 70’s , looking a ground floor 1 bedroom apartment about 45sqm

thank you

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

in NSW, stratum title permits the developer or owner of the entire stratum to further develop & subdivide within that stratum. Eg a development may comprise a retail/commercial stratum with individually titled suites & parking then a separate stratum with its own strata plan for units all located above/adjacent to the shops.

The only commonality being access for services & possibly some doorways joining the two stratum. There may also be some bylaws which allow access, cleaning of common area etc.
    …….

Profile photo of lucigooseylucigoosey
    @lucigoosey

Thank you for the response, much appreciated

Still do not get it, but sounds like i should stay away from it

thank you once again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.