All Topics / Legal & Accounting / When can I start claiming?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of gnggng
    @gng

Hi,

When buying IP and become unconditional, passes all the special condition, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, is generally a good idea to get insurance even before the settlement date.  Does that mean I can start claiming on the insurance payment  before the settlement date? 

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

It is a good idea to get insurance (on a house) in case the owner doesn't have any. If they don't and something happens before settlement you can approach your insurer. Not sure about claiming (I assume so) but you are worrying about less than $20. Your accountant will let you know. 

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell

A number of real estate agents offer free insurance via RACV until settlement.

Good idea to check this out

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Catalyst wrote:
    It is a good idea to get insurance (on a house) in case the owner doesn't have any. If they don't and something happens before settlement you can approach your insurer. Not sure about claiming (I assume so) but you are worrying about less than $20. Your accountant will let you know. 

Agree with Catalyst. It's a huge peace of mind for such a minor cost. I wouldn't rely on any other insurances from any other parties (vendor or REA) being in place.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.