All Topics / Help Needed! / Growth stats – Residex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of amcewinamcewin
    Participant
    @amcewin

Hello,

I recently declined a IP purchase in Adelaide as when I got a Residex report, it predicted growth to be 0-2%.

I am interested to know other peoples views on the accuracy of Residex growth forecast (bearing in mind that it is a forecast!).

I am looking for a growth property in Adelaide between $350-450k. Can anyone recommend a good report which predicts growth like Residex but for Adelaide as Residex seems to exclude SA?

Many thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I never put too much thought into the residex growth indicators. The reports are excellent for their comparable sales data – to have a quick snapshot of sales of similar properties within the area is excellent for due diligence and negotiating.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

How long was the forecast for 6 months, 12 months???

I thought the SA market was one of the markets suppose to be on the up in the not to distant future.

I think all markets are relatively flat at the moment.

Profile photo of amcewinamcewin
    Participant
    @amcewin

The forecast was for 5 and 8 year growth p.a. The report was for the suburb of Adelaide only.

I also spoke with Residex to validate their estimate and they based it on recent quarter, new housing construction, job creation/employment, population growth etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.