All Topics / General Property / Having problems renting out?

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of tvpropertytvproperty
    @tvproperty

Hmm………looks like a lot of the $300+ pw properties have been listed for over a month – some even 2 months.

Without knowing your property, I'd be going along with reducing the rent to a realistic (market) level. 

Personally, I'd need to have a good reason to go all the way out to Sunbury and pay metro rent prices.  I'd suggest the pool of tenants living out there wanting to pay 300-450 pw would be smaller than in the metro and it seems that there's a glut, and is why so many other properties sitting on the market for so long.

Better to reduce the price for a quick let and slowing increase it in time once you have a tenant locked in.

Profile photo of jczjcz
    @jcz

Hi Ellsey,

What you can also do in regards to reducing the rent is incorporate a rent increase within the lease agreement to bring it back to the amount that you were initially after.
    You can also offer “1 week’s free rent” or family movie ticket vouchers for the successful applicant.

Properties in growth areas have alot of competition between them, most agents will have your property opened 2 – 3 times a week for inspections at different times. Like what some others have said, make sure your agent is doing everything they can to lease your property in the shortest period of time.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.