All Topics / Help Needed! / Building Quote

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know who I can get a free building quote from? I need something I can compare with once I got the quote from my builder.

Thanks.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Put it out to tender……….ensuring you have your specs in a written format……..so you are comparing apples for apples.

No one is going to take you serious if they get an impression you just after a freebie and are just  general .

…….

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

Thanks Beedie. How do i "put it out to tender". and what are the specs needed? I don't want to give out the working drawings and plans if I can avoid it coz the applicant on it is our builder. I just want to know if the quote of our builder is similar to other builders, or if it's significantly higher then I may still pull out.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

copy the plans & cover the title block

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

Novusprimo

Putting it out to tender will be time consuming and the only builders that will come back to you will be nail baggers.

You can work out the fair price yourself by asking the builder who quoted you to brake it up into sections.
    What you are looking for is a meter square ‘m2’ rate.
    The price also depends on whether you are building full turnkey or doing some items yourself.

Site works will be a cost not m2. Is the land flat, have you got a soil test?
    Garage, porch, alfresco, will be about 850m2
    Internal will be about 1100 m2

Example: 200 m2 home slab on ground will be a 205,000 – 215,000 subject to the inclusions.
    If you are two story you need to add about $100 per m2.

This is just an approx. as I do not know what the design looks like or the amount of valleys etc. in the roof.

Profile photo of wade anthonywade anthony
    Participant
    @wade-anthony

try this link it may or may not be useful as it is pretty general and doesn't include the specific's

http://www.homedesigndirectory.com.au/calculators/ConstructionCostEstimatorPage2.shtml

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

I just got the building contract from builder and got FPBC for $155K.
    The building is to be built at rear of existing house. It is a 2BR unit with about 75sq.m plus a 22sq.m garage.
    The above quote includes a carport for the existing house, and driveway, and also includes cost for removing the garage and clearing the rear area.

Before I sign the dotted line, can someone give me an idea if the price is just right.

Also, with the building contract, the builder scratched out the section for penalty for late completion of building where it says "if not stated then $250 per week". Does this mean I won't get compensated when builder is late in completing the building? Or does the $250 per week still applies?

Any comment is much appreciated.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

sounds like you get $0 if they are late to me…

don't agree to such a thing.  they could thus legally take years to complete at their leisure!

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.