All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to start – online business for extra income

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of pagey23pagey23
    @pagey23

Hello everyone,
                              Im sorry if my question seems slightly off topic. I have been trying to find information on setting up an e commerce (online) business of some sort, with the hope of investing extra income in property and spending an extra day or so at home with our soon to be newborn.
    I imagine there are many budding internet entrepreneurs utilising this forum and if you can share any of your wisdom, you may help steer me on the right path. I would like to know the following;

1 – How can I get started – there is so much info out there the internet can drive you crazy! Is there any courses, books or anything that helped you get started.

2 – Would I be better of creating an extra income in another way? Im struggling to think of other options.

3 – If you have had success – can you please be my mentor!

Any advice could be a life changer for me!

Cheers

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Hi,

All i can say is- it wont be easy..as you probably already know.

1. You must decide if you want to provide a “Service” or a “product” – service less capital but harder to finder clients unless you havea client base already/connection/name. Product slightly easier to market but higher capital and advertising.

2. An idea…there are online business these days for EVERYTHING! so you must be slightly different or be the BEST at what you do/provide.

So the question is; how much capital do you have??? and what experience or service could you provide?

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of pagey23pagey23
    @pagey23

Gday Michael – thanks for your thoughts. My idea is to start quite small, finding a niche market and selling products or a product of some sort. I want to gradually increase my advertising and money I put into the business as I go.
    Im just not sure if im going the right way about it all – I dont want to outlay a few thousand dollars only to realise I have gone about it all the wrong way.
    Hence needing a mentor, or someone who can steer me in the right direction as far as building up the right skills to take it on.
    cheers

Participant
    @shape

Hi mate,

Im alwasy happy to help, many years ago someone helped me start up my online bushiness and now i do it full time with a great bunch of great passionate staff. – i believe in good Karma…so it’s my turn to help where i can :)

Shoot me an email or give my office a call and we can have a chat; and ill see if i can get you connected with a few people in the industry + i know how the Gov business grant process work so i might be able to help you with setting up a grant with the Gov.

Of course, this comes with no obligation or financial /personal gain what so ever- just happy to help where i can.

[email protected]
    1300 74 5626

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of pagey23pagey23
    @pagey23

Michael your a legend, I cant tell you how much I appreciate any help. Ill shoot through an email tomorrow. I believe in good Karma – so it must be coming back to me in some way :)
    Thanks mate
    Nic

Profile photo of simon87simon87
    @simon87

Great to see people like yourself around Michael, not enough good people around these days. I might also shoot you an email for some advice if you dont mind?

Cheers,
    Simon

Participant
    @shape

ahah alright one at a time now…hold your horse :)

I look forward to your email as well Simon.

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of homersydhomersyd
    Participant
    @homersyd

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon…can I get in touch with you also Michael? Was thinking to start my own biz too!
    I have setup a website of my own already.
    Now looking to do other stuff (most likely online, but would like to find out what offline biz I could do also)…

Many thanks in advance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.