All Topics / Help Needed! / Next boom suburb in adelaide area

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of bythebaybythebay
    Participant
    @bythebay

searching and doing some research for an IP investment near adelaide SA . is growth better expected than melbourne? perhaps a beach location ie christies beach?

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi BytheBay.

I live in Adelaide and yes the are areas in Adelaide that we believe will receive phenomenal growth are places such as Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga South, Aldinga, Moana, etc in the south and Two Wells, Virginia, Gawler, etc in the north. Opening of Northern Expressway; widening of Southern Expressway; and the $817million expressway overpass of Main South Rd to connect both the Northern & Southern Expressways signals great growth potential for many areas around Adelaide. Median house values grew from $234K in Sept 2005 to over $400K in Sept 2010 (rpdata). Oh yeah, Adelaide has been the sleeper for a while now and we're already starting to see the signs of it's growth taking off – and it's still the cheapest mainland capital city to invest into and our rental returns have always been consistent and strong.

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    ALF1 wrote:
    Hi BytheBay.

I live in Adelaide and yes the are areas in Adelaide that we believe will receive phenomenal growth are places such as Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga South, Aldinga, Moana, etc in the south and Two Wells, Virginia, Gawler, etc in the north. Opening of Northern Expressway; widening of Southern Expressway; and the $817million expressway overpass of Main South Rd to connect both the Northern & Southern Expressways signals great growth potential for many areas around Adelaide. Median house values grew from $234K in Sept 2005 to over $400K in Sept 2010 (rpdata). Oh yeah, Adelaide has been the sleeper for a while now and we're already starting to see the signs of it's growth taking off – and it's still the cheapest mainland capital city to invest into and our rental returns have always been consistent and strong.

I would agree. I particularly like Seaford which stands to benefit the most from both the rail extension and duplication of the railway bringing it closer to Adelaide. Great potential west of Commercial Road for renovation to circa 1970 properties (add value and yield), rezoned recently to Res B, transport infrastructure and shift of baby boomers to the Fleurieu Peninsula over the coming years, increasing population and industry, seaside lifestyle, strict adherence to a town planning strategy of ‘infil’ rather than ‘urban sprawl’ not to mention the benefits of a burgeoning resources industry over the coming years!

What’s not to like about Adelaide and in particular those Southern Suburbs.

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    JT7 wrote:
    ALF1 wrote:
    Hi BytheBay.

I would agree. I particularly like Seaford which stands to benefit the most from both the rail extension and duplication of the railway bringing it closer to Adelaide. Great potential west of Commercial Road for renovation to circa 1970 properties (add value and yield), rezoned recently to Res B, transport infrastructure and shift of baby boomers to the Fleurieu Peninsula over the coming years, increasing population and industry, seaside lifestyle, strict adherence to a town planning strategy of ‘infil’ rather than ‘urban sprawl’ not to mention the benefits of a burgeoning resources industry over the coming years!

What’s not to like about Adelaide and in particular those Southern Suburbs.

Correction, duplication of the southern expressway :)

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Well said JT7 – you must be a local down south like myself. Yes, Seaford is going to be HUGE and I forgot about the rail extension so infrastructure down south is amazing and getting better!

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    ALF1 wrote:
    Well said JT7 – you must be a local down south like myself. Yes, Seaford is going to be HUGE and I forgot about the rail extension so infrastructure down south is amazing and getting better!

Hi ALF1,

No not local just well researched I guess. I’m interstate but travelled down recently to finalise a purchase west of Commercial Rd in Seaford for all those particular reasons.

Adelaide just has so much to like about it.

Beautiful part of Australia as well Anthony.

Jack

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

I think every one will agree Melbourne has had its time… for now capital gains wise. Yes there are still properties being sold for top dollar in sought after locations but alot of the people who are buying these are owner occupiers who are paying premium for lifestyle choice.

Other states have to be on the up sooner rather than later. Adelaide from the sounds of it will be one of these…. not to mention the talk of Mining that is taking off in SA.

Profile photo of Nemo30Nemo30
    @nemo30

I think the southern area has been pretty heavily hit by the GFC.   There have been quite a few job loses in the manufacturing industries in Lonsdale and people generally aren't spending money – not sure if it has since picked up, but was pretty bad there for a while (my dad owns a business in Christies Beach).  Perhaps its a good time to grab a bargain?  It's a nice area – although it does give you the feeling of living in the 1960s ;)

I've found Aldinga to be primarily first home buyers who are willing to commute the extra distance if it means they can enter the housing market.  I've considered it myself, however, in my opinion its not really a renters market – its too far out.  Having said that, there have been some decent capital gains in the last 2-3 years.

Profile photo of DMBDMB
    @dmb

It's been a while but are there any updates to this? I'll add in Lightsview.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.