All Topics / Finance / Positive feedback for my mortgage broker

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hi all,

So often we share negative stories or warnings. But today I had such a nice email from my mortgage broker, I just wanted to share it with you.

Bit of history, my mortgage broker has set me up with 2 IP loans in the past, and last year set up hubby with a 95% loan on PPOR in a somewhat difficult lending market. She had set him up with 12 months interest only payments to give us a discount for an expensive year containing a wedding, honeymoon, and course establishing a new home.

So the 12 month clock expired a couple weeks ago and we decided to go down to our local branch and have a chat to the lender about how the loan is today and the interest rates etc etc. He was paying 7.7% (yikes) and we got speaking about switching to a 7.1% loan. An offset account with existing loan would have cost $15/mth, yet with the new account was $3.99/mth. She said there was a $495 switch fee to change products, and despite what I thought were some good attempts of negotiating and asking for discount on my part, we got nowhere.

Mentioned it to broker yesterday when we were having a chat about insurance and stuff, and she emails today that she rang the lender and could arrange for us to switch to 7.1% at no charge. No fee for us, a saving of $495, and a reduction in interest. Guess it showed me that my broker is not just for arranging new loans, but is also good to call on to check for better products.

And before anyone replies that there’s many better products out there with lower interest rates, bear in mind the loan will still be 90-95% so we’re not wanting to fork out $8k+ again in LMI if we switch to a new lender. I think for now its a win, staying with same lender and just switching products to reduce the interest. We also will change payments to fortnightly, set them higher than minimum, and open the offset account.

Just for the record, am in Perth, and more than happy to pass on her details to anyone looking for a good broker.

Cheers,
    Emma

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Emma

Good to hear the story and very happy for you.

Bank West are good like that and if they want to keep the business they like every lender are happy to bend a little.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Great story Emma and Broker's like Richard and myself love to hear the Broking industry is constantly improving and clients' needs are being truly met.
    You see folks, Mortgage Brokers are here to help YOU to get what is best for YOU. Their qualifications don't come easily or cheaply and they have a fiduciary duty of care to always act in your best interests. Why would you try and do it all youself when they're free of cost to you as well?????

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Emma

That’s great news – it’s always good to hear a positive story.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Andrew Lee LawyersAndrew Lee Lawyers
    Participant
    @andrew-lee-lawyers

Yes, it is good to hear the story from a happy customer.

As with some banks however, you could be requesting them the same thing 5 times and they still pretend they "didn't receive it".
    One bank even took some details off their letterhead, so that you had to call them "waiting for up to 45 mins" just to get their postal or fax details.

Profile photo of wayoutwestwayoutwest
    Participant
    @wayoutwest

Hi Emma,

I'm chasing a broker at the moment, could you let me know her details.

Teza

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Teza

I for one would recommend Jamie from the forum here who has already made comment to the post.

He can help you and is only a phone call or email away.

This day and age most loans are lodged electronically so use of email / fax etc is an efficient way of deal with your Broker when he or she i not living on your doorstep.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell
    Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl
    wayoutwest wrote:
    Hi Emma,

I'm chasing a broker at the moment, could you let me know her details.

Teza

wayoutwest – couldn’t send you a PM, looks like you’re not setup to receive messages.

She is Michelle Medhurst at Worldwide Group, Claremont.

http://www.worldwidegroup.com.au/staffProfile.php?staff_id=2

Tell her Emma Rohrlach recommended her… I like letting her know she’s had a recommendation :)

Profile photo of gnggng
    @gng

Hi,

Just want to thank Richard for helping me sort out my finance, especially on the valuation.  Initially value at 720k, then bump up the value to another 100k more.

Thanks Richard.

Profile photo of EleaElea
    @elea

It’s a good story. Thanks for sharing. For Emma hope that you found a good broker like wisepearl and be happy.
    Wish you all the best!

Elea

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.