All Topics / Value Adding / Uncle Knackers Renovation Tip # 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Uncle KnackersUncle Knackers
    @uncle-knackers

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of you guys are out there renovating your investment properties. l have just whacked up a you tube video demonstrating a fairly basic skill that may be useful to you demonstrating how to cut a straight line with a power saw. I know it sounds simple but it can be tricky for those of you who aren’t used to using power tools.

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6VrkJgzko

Have a good one. Uncle Knackers:)

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Here is my tip for cutting straight lines. (1) use a drop saw
                                                                          (2) use a saw bench

(3) I use a piece of square wood and place this on top  of the timber to be cut
    Then turn the saw blade so that the blade touches the wood you want to cut this way you can see exactly where the saw is going to cut.
    Place the square against the square wood and once sure of position then use two g clamps to hold the guide wood in place .
    This allows you to cut the timber from both directions as the g clamp can be further down the timber away from the saw motor.

If doing multiple cuts the drop saw is the way to go ! but for wider jobs I use step 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.