All Topics / Value Adding / Recommendation – good draftsman (Bayside area, VIC)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt.GMatt.G
    Participant
    @matt-g-2

Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a good draftsman that works in the Bayside area of Victoria (Brighton East, Moorabin area)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Hi Matt,

What sort of project are you undertaking?
    A few more details might see a better response.

Profile photo of Matt.GMatt.G
    Participant
    @matt-g-2

Hello

The project is a simple battle axe subdivision on a 900sqm block, where we're carving off the garden and would like to get planning approval to build a family home at the back.

Thanks,
    Matt

Profile photo of BreeceBreece
    Participant
    @breece

Hi Matt,
    We work with several excellent draftsmen who can provide quotes for your proposed subdivision.

All the best,
    Breece

Participant
    @christianb

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if you are aware of the process, but we do a lot of this sort of work and it goes something like this:

• Sort out, in your own mind, what it is you want.
    • Make sure what you want to do can be done and does not contradict local or state planning.
    • Communicate this in writing. Essentially a project brief. For example, three bedrooms, double garage, home office, north facing garden, or whatever else is important to you.
    • Have someone put this into a simple concept drawing.
    • Use this concept documentation to explain your proposal to the municipal planners (council).
    • Take their feedback, refine your concepts and use these to generate a town planning submission.
    • Apply for a town planning permit (TPP) to subdivide and develop the land.
    • Assuming you are successful in obtaining your TPP, then generate working drawings for the builder to use.
    • While the building is underway, formalise the subdivision.
    • When your building is complete, the subdivision should also be complete.
    • You now have two dwellings on two allotments.

Good luck with your project.

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

Hi Matt,

You've certainly got lots of people wanting to help!  If you are still looking for someone, I work with a number of draftspeople who are based in the bayside area.  I'm happy to pass on contact details if you want to get in touch.

Best of luck with the project,

Profile photo of Matt.GMatt.G
    Participant
    @matt-g-2

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers,
    Matt

Profile photo of CSQTownPlannerCSQTownPlanner
    Participant
    @csqtownplanner

Hi christianb, Thanks for nice advice. I fully agree with your suggestions. These suggestions will not only help Matt but also help for those who have same question.

Participant
    @christianb

Hello CSQ,

Thanks for the thanks.

The issues of process, as you being a planner would understand, are often misunderstood by investors wanting to develop property. The process is not particularly difficult but it is quite complex and it's easy to miss bits that may become vitally important as a proposal progresses.

The dot points I set out in this thread are a simplified, shortened, "plain English" version of the process, but I believe that if you understand these basics, and give proper thought to forming a brief, then the project is more likely to meet your expectations.

Profile photo of MauriceSMauriceS
    @maurices

Hi Matt

How did you go with your sub-division?

Regards

Maurice

Profile photo of TonyB2TonyB2
    @tonyb2

G'day all.

I'm looking for a Draftsman in Bayside (Brighton), to assist with a lift installation. I assume the draftsman will know of a good engineer.

thanks,

Tony

ps

apologies in advance if I post twice. first try didn't seem to work (first time posting).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.