All Topics / Help Needed! / How do you manage time between Work, Family and Investing and everything in between.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of freefree
    @free

Good Morning All

As the subject suggests, all the savvy investors can you please advise how do you manage time, specially with 2 kids, 8years and 13 months.

How do you set up your day?

What do you do differently?

When do you get time to see properties?

Sorry got to go 13 months old needs breakkie, has been unwell and so is the 8 year old both down with fever.

Regards
    Free

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass
    free wrote:
    Good Morning All

As the subject suggests, all the savvy investors can you please advise how do you manage time, specially with 2 kids, 8years and 13 months.

How do you set up your day?

What do you do differently?

When do you get time to see properties?

Sorry got to go 13 months old needs breakkie, has been unwell and so is the 8 year old both down with fever.

Regards
    Free

Hello Free
    I cannot answer the kids thing, but I can answer the investment thing.
    Investing in property is about the figures and figures can be done on the web.
    Look at an investment property as a Brick Money Box with depreciation in a growth area and you will have a lot more time on your hands.
    I have sold/built over 30 properties per year for over 16 years and 80% of those have been purchased on the figures sight unseen.
    Bluegrass

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Free

Have a read of my article in the Oct 2010 API magazine and it will tell you a bit about how i started my journey.

If you want it in PDF format shoot me an email and i will send it over to you.

Just cant attach it here.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

I started putting aside 1 to 2 hours every day (before bed) researching, number crunching etc. .

As things progressed I still will put in a couple of hours every second night but believe the biggest change has been in my mindset towards my investing.

I now view it as a business. My business partner and I have made Saturdays a work day for our property business.

So I work 6 days a week …..with clear goals and timeframes.

Mind you young kids is definitely a 7 day full time job, but that’s were your partner comes in???

Richard read your story.. …….Perfect my friend and well done…….

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell

I use a weekly work plan and stick to it as best as possible

Also I spend 10min before end of the day organising the next day

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    free wrote:
    As the subject suggests, all the savvy investors can you please advise how do you manage time

My iPhone :) I don’t know what I’d do without it. I track my to do lists, catch up on emails, schedule meetings and even use it as a GPS. You can even use it for IP searches.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

I think if you are doing things properly you should be seeing your property investment as your potential future over and above your income.

Thats the absolute answer. And for that it wont make a difference whether your kids are 4 or 40. If you want to run things so that you are prepared to make an asset base, you start as soon as possible. You allocate time. You trade experiences with other property investors. Drag a pram around at a property investment expo. You wont be the only person doing that.

Stick a good property manager on your property. One that does what needs to be done. So you can get on with passively running your property. And building a future with wealth plans.

Profile photo of ChristinaMChristinaM
    Participant
    @christinam

I work from Monday to Friday, away from home about 11 hours a day.
    I have a 7 month old son who attends childcare full time.
    Saturday is our house hunting day and chores day. Sunday is another day to finish off chores (just to keep the house livable)

I have two to-do lists, one for work and the other one personal. To do lists are great in meeting the deadlines and getting things done. The work to do list, I usually leave it at work. On some occasions, I take it home and work from home.. I carry the personal to do list all the time. It's just a diary and I add items to do and once done, I check them off.

My husband and I.. we are 50-50. We make some amount of money and do same amount of chores. I stayed home for 3 months for our new born son before I returned to work. He looked after him for another month. Then he started childcare when he was 4 month old. It was tough… but at this stage, we're still mortgage slaves and want to payoff our house as quick as we can…

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Hi Free

Have a read of my article in the Oct 2010 API magazine and it will tell you a bit about how i started my journey.

If you want it in PDF format shoot me an email and i will send it over to you.

Just cant attach it here.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Hey Richard,

got your article right here in front of me and it’s a cracker…had to read it again but it’s August 2010 API. I then noticed the date on your post above, the 16th of June 2011, and realised it was the day after the Origin 2 game when all Queenslanders should be forgiven for having the odd brain fart.

Inspirational story Richard and I’m glad your opening the batting on my team!

We’ll get you in game 3!

Jack

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jack

Thanks mate and appreciate the business.

Locky's final game you have no chance especially when it could be 25 degrees up here at 8pm.

Well heres hoping anyway.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Locky's final game you have no chance especially when it could be 25 degrees up here at 8pm.

I think we've finally got those Queenslanders worked out – 2011 is NSW's year :)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.