All Topics / Help Needed! / Buyers Agent – More Information Required

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Joanna - New InvestorJoanna – B
    Participant
    @joanna-new-investor

Hi All,

One of the things I have learned from reading this forum is how important it is to build relationships with REA's, and get out on the ground to view properties before you purchase. I've read how good deals are rarely found on websites and how you need to put the hard yards in to reap the rewards.

My problem is that I am an Australian living overseas. I have a goal to own 5 investment properties before I move home in 3 years (1 down – 4 to go!) and while I earn a good tax free salary and feel this is achievable. When I move home to Australia – it's unlikley I will be in the financial position to continue investing.

I have read a couple of posts about buyers agents and I'd like to learn more about this option and how it works. I have already identified 3 – 4 areas I am interested in investing in, I've started to research them – however when I have saved another 20% deposit (in 3 – 4 months) I want to be sure I get a good deal.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on if buyer's agents offer a reliable and honest service, if I need to look for an agent in the areas I am interested in investing, or if an agent will work on my behalf in any area of Australia.

I'd like to know what the general fees are, how the agreement works and ultimately if this is a path property investors would recommend for a person based Internationally, and if so, if you can recommend a particular agent.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post.

Kind regards,

Joanna

Thanks in advance for your help.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Joanna – New Investor wrote:
    I have already identified 3 – 4 areas I am interested in investing in, I've started to research them – however when I have saved another 20% deposit (in 3 – 4 months) I want to be sure I get a good deal.

As an expat it’s possible to take out a 90% loan (meaning you require less of a deposit – this should help you reach your goals).

Some BA’s charge a fixed rate, some charge a percentage of the purchase price. Try Andrew Allen who posts on here – he’s a buyers agent in QLD and is a regular contributor to this forum and others.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.