All Topics / General Property / Can they put a “For Lease” sign out from while we still are tenants?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of gammonbrusgammonbrus
    @gammonbrus

Hi guys,

Sorry probably a stupid question. We are still renting for like 2 weeks until we move into our place and I just noticed today that the real estate agents put a sign out the front advertising it is for lease. It just makes me feel a bit uneasy, I guess it shouldnt. But should they have asked first to do this, and if so any references to a source would be great.

Thanks and happy investing

J.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

have a look at your lease. Generally, if you have given notice, are within the last 30/60 days of your lease etc the owner has the right to relet the premises. They do not need your consent.

Profile photo of SezSez
    @sez

Depends on your state and lease etc. but yes, generally they can do this as they have a right to re-lease their property as quickly as possible once you have moved out. I am surprised with only 2 weeks to go your agent hasn't contacted you about having an open for inspection yet :).

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Sometimes these signs fall off in windy weather, and land in between shrubs.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

or spontaneously self-combust.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.