All Topics / General Property / Our True Wealth

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Dear friends,

This post is not about property investing.  It's about where our heart is and what and who we value most.

On 19 May, I lost my 15 year old son, Timothy Isaiah Gabriel Tan-Miller.  You don't know him but he is a much loved child.  He was third of four children.  Third son.  Much anticipated.

One of the last stories I told him, not long ago, was how I couldn't wait to meet him.  I was heavily pregnant,  I couldn't wait to meet this child that I dreamed of him.  When he came out, I said to him, "Oh, I know you.  I've seen you before."  It was one of those moments I will treasure forever.

I worked hard for my kids.  I've all I could rely on to support us.  I never asked financial support from my ex-husband because I know he's doing all he could for them, too.  He looked after them well when they're with him.  My kids never complained.  How lucky can I be!

We lived with international students for like 15 years.  We slept in one room because we needed as much income as we could generate.  They slept on one double bed, piled on top of each other.  No complaints. 

If they wanted something and I said, "I'm sorry, honey, I don't have the money now.  But know that if I do, you wouldn't have to ask twice."  My kids trusted me with that and so never badgered me for anything.

This month, just this month, I was able to give them their own room each.  And then Tim left. 

My heart is broken. I have to believe though that God is able to create a mosaic out of our broken pieces.  I have been supported, prayed for, loved by many friends.  Through them, I felt, saw and touched the Incarnated Love of God.

I lived for my kids and have to remain strong for the other three.  But i wake up at night or the early morning wondering if there is an end to all the sorrows I feel.

When my first born child came to the world.  I loved him fully.  Utterly.  Unconditionally.  When I fell pregnant with my second child I thought to myself how it would be possible to love another human being with the same intensity.  But as parents, we do.  And we don't love them with half a love because there were two; or a quarter love because there where four of them.  Each one we love with fullness and that is all we can do.  This is, I believe truly, how God loves us.  He does not love with 1 part of 6 billion.  He loves us unconditionally and intensely.

I hope we are all reminded that for all the treasures we accumulate, the ones that really matters is the person close to our hearts.  Enjoy them.  Love them.  Care for them.

This is a tribute to my Tim, my kindred spirit. 

Take care.

Angel

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Very sorry to hear of your loss Angel. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester

My eyes are wet with sadness reading this Angel – my deepest sympathy to you.

As a parent, I think there is nothing as heartwrenching as the loss as you have sufferred. I hope you and your family find the strength in yourselves to support each other through what must be an extremely difficult time.

Again, my deepest sympathy.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Dear Angel. Your tribute to Tim is also a special gift to us all, thank you for sharing it and for the wake up call reminding us of our true wealth. The strength you have shown through your investment journey you have shared with us, will help you through this sad time. May the time pass quickly. 
    With deepest sympathy.
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I will be away from the Forum for awhile, I pray when we "meet" again, you and I are in a better place in life.

Take care,

Angel

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Dear Angel
    Thank you for sharing this tribute with us – certainly makes me reflect on what ARE the most important things.
    Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear may your memories give you strength.
    My thoughts are with you are your family.  Take care and we look forward to your return.
    Tracey

Profile photo of Charlie_BCharlie_B
    Participant
    @charlie_b

Dear Angel,
    I'm so sorry to be reading about your loss. Your faith in God is your strength. I will pray for you through this tough time.
    Love in Christ,
    Charlie

Participant
    @angelinsydney

Thank you, Charlie.

Every now and then, I visit the forum.  I have no energy to reply but I am very pleased about how people care for each other here.  I am learning that the light is not at the end of the tunnel.  The light is in us.  Sooner or later, the ember will grow bright, but right not I am not afraid to admit it is but a flicker.

Take care.

Angel

Profile photo of EleaElea
    @elea

Hi Angeline,

Thank you for sharing us your very inspiring story. This is an eye opener for all us because sometimes we intend to ignore and more focus on how we are going to be successful. Everything that happens has a reason.

God bless to you and to your family!

All the best

Elea
    educatingpropertyinvestors.com

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Hey there Angel,

only just came across this thread now. I have enjoyed your property related contributions here since you only recently  joined us in March and now  you have put your pain and loss here for us to reflect upon and learn from.

Certainly we can (most of us) get caught up in the " more game " with bigger and better, when the perspecctive you have now introduced is the most enduring and relevant.

So sorry to read about your loss. In Greek we say "zoe seh sas" which translates to " long life to you all."  I know many faiths and customs have similar long life salutations. May Tim rest in peace and your memory of him be eternal.

Take care and look after the living, especially yourself.

Participant
    @angelinsydney

Dear All,

19 Sep will be the fourth anniversary of Tim’s passing. Also happens to be my birthday so you can say that the timing isn’t all that great.

I just want to take this time to thank you all and to remind you that life goes on. I have three other children who are my treasure. I carry on for them. and, of course I continue to pay the bills :).

To all of you, may you find success, may your dreams come true, and you find love eternal and true.

Angel

Profile photo of st81hp79st81hp79
    @st81hp79

Dear Angel,

My heart aches for you, when I lost my brother (Martin) I was pregnant at the time, also my hubby and martin were best friends since childhood.

Martin passed away not long after my marriage and wasn’t able to meet my two boys.

The legacy of my husband and Martin friendship still continues….

My two boys are a look alike to my husband and Martin.

God bless you

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Angel by name, Angel by nature, thank you for the inspiration and hope you have given by posting your story, which endures and stays with me and helps through hard times. Wishing you success too but also comfort and peace of mind now and in the days to come.
    Regards
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.