All Topics / General Property / Subdivision question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Forumites,

In regards to the pic in the link, would it be possible to subdivide as ive shown in pink. There is obviously an existing driveway to the left of the property and im assuming it would be around a standard lane width between 3-3.5m. Is this enough clearance generally for access to the rear property. Im also assuming there would be a problem with the existing house being right on the boundary. I think you need roughly 900 clear between boundary and structures.
    Any thoughts?
    fyi entire block is roughly 1100 square so around 500 square blocks

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=oadhdz&s=7

Profile photo of MarJacMarJac
    @marjac

Best speak with the local Council, and discuss your intentions/plans, they will be able to advise you what their or State planning rules/guidlines say about minimum width of access driveways etc and also iof the existing property, built on the boundary, is an issue or not

Without knowng where the property is it is difficult to advise

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

That is a hard one without knowing more information or the DCP LEP for your area. Gut answer looking at the picture is no. Your council will have a formula that amoung other things will set a min width based on the use and density of dwelling you intend to get approved for the site.

The good news is just drop in to the council and ask to speak to the duty planner. With any luck they will guide you through the process.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of grimnargrimnar
    Participant
    @grimnar

In the planning paperwork for ipswich council, my local, I think the minimum width for a subdivision (unless dual occupancy) is 5.5m

That said, you need to consult the council directly. Just because the planning scheme says one thing doesn't mean they won't contradict it for a myriad of reasons…. Talk to them and see what they reckon first hand.

Profile photo of BreeceBreece
    Participant
    @breece

G’day Grantos,
    What state is the property located?

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Property is NSW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.