All Topics / Help Needed! / Property-development Perth

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of posswillowposswillow
    @posswillow

I am about to embark on a subdivision/development and am looking to construct 2 double storey townhouses. I am on the search for a reliable small-scale builder who deal with providing plans right thru to turn-key, in Perth. Any recommendations would be appreciated….

Profile photo of Kent CliffeKent Cliffe
    Participant
    @kent-cliffe

It depends on the block, if it is a really standard site you could could use a spec home (cheapest turn key). However, the cost comes in to spec homes when you change anything – so be comfy before you build.

Other then that if the site is a little bit more complicated, I know of a building broker who can organise plans and tender out to multiple builders.

If you want names, let me know.

Profile photo of AbbyAbby
    Participant
    @abby

I know a freelance house designer who also organises the plans at council and does the tendering.
    I am currently using him for the second time, and I know that the builder I used last time through him does 2 storey.

Profile photo of posswillowposswillow
    @posswillow

I am dealing with quite narrow blocks, one 9m the other about 11m. Hi Kent , Abby I would be quite keen to get those contact details so I can make some enquiries-thanks

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Posswillow,

Are there two blocks or one ("one 9m the other about 11m")?
    And are you planning to build two townhouses or four?
    I love the narrow sites and tough building envelopes!

Good luck with the project.

Profile photo of posswillowposswillow
    @posswillow

2 blocks which are narrow and i wish to place 1 townhouse on each. One is 30×11 m and the other about 9 x 37 m. So long and narrow. Need upstair balconies to take advantage of views as well…

Participant
    @christianb

Both a good size then. I'd be happy to have a look at each and offer a couple of suggestions if you like. Perhaps you can PM me some details and I'll give you some feedback.

Profile photo of NarrowlothomesNarrowlothomes
    Participant
    @narrowlothomes

did you have any luck with finding a builder? 

Profile photo of vonnyvonny
    @vonny

Hiya.
    I am currently building 4 units in Perth. handover will be in the next week or 2 :-)
    I had the plans when i bought the block so cant help ya with that one.
    However i did go to ALOT of builders before i finally decided on Collier Homes. they came in with the best price, didnt want to change all my plans, didnt charge me huge dollars for extras. And most important they have done a GREAT job. Very efficient. i must say. the only delays have been due to mother nature (rain).

I wouldnt reccommend a building broker at all. as this was my first development i did use one. All he did was dribble to me on the phone everynight about how good he was and he will get me the BEST PRICE…
    Well i also went out to find a builder. i came in $50k less than him and all his dribble.
    Havnt heard from him ever since…. no suprise there.
    Just put in the hard yards and time YOURSELF and have confidence.

I also did not get my builder to do EVERYTHING. I did siteworks, and am also doing paving, tiles, carpets, landscaping, painting, blinds. If you have the time to run around gettting quotes etc then i strongly suggest it…….. YOU WILL SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

GOODLUCK
    HAVE FUN.
    at times it can be a bit of a brain strain, but well worth it plus its FUN.. especially when you see all your hard work at the end :-)

Participant
    @christianb

Nice work Vonny.

If you can invest the time, and have fun doing it, I agree you can save thousands.
    But the "fun" part is what captured my attention with your post.
    It's easier to do the work described if a) you enjoy doing it, and b) you're making (or saving) money.

A builder can't spend the time and effort in sourcing things without it costing the client.
    If you can (and do) then it will save money.
    It will also often be desirable for the builder, if the owner takes on some of the "peripheral" responsibilities. All those little things take time and energy as well as money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.