All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for some help with this specific investment – apartment block what move to make

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lucigooseylucigoosey
    @lucigoosey

Hello all the wise owls, hoping for some thoughts of wisdom and advise. I am not sure what move to make

I am looking at an investment property in a low rise apartment block ( 3 storyes) but quite large across so about 120 apartments.
    Its a 1 bedroom the suburb is glenhuntly which is 10KM from CBD.
    Strategy is long term hold of about 7 years
    I think I can purchase between 310000 and 330000

My Pros
    – Only 3 years old so can still depreciate
    – Rent is quite good for a 1B at about 340/350 a week
    – Monash Uni a walking distance away may always bee in demand from students
    – Train line right behind the apartment (this apartment faces the other side- so min train noise but 2 min walk to tram and train)
    – Godd shopping strip nearby with Carnegie and Glenhuntly

Cons
    – Big apartment block
    – 1 Bedroom
    – Body corp about 2000 a year
    – Unsure of Capital growth factor – can anyone suggest how I can find data to see this. Glen huntly is a good suburb so property growth is really fair BUT  am sure an apartment of this size would grow at a different rate
    – Original builder went under and  the body corp sued and won. Some of building is being completed… mainly cosmetic (How can I find the original prices for this apartment)
    – Cant tell if there is a problem as there are a number of units up for sale for being 120 unit block I am sure that will always be the case?

Can anyone give me some pointers, thoughts? What do you think of my Pros and Cons. I gues my main concern is really samll capital growth over the 7 to 10 year period.

Really appreciate any advise or comments

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

moanafusion or a few others are able to get you a report.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Shoot us an email with the address and be happy to email you a Residex report on the property.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of lucigooseylucigoosey
    @lucigoosey

Thank you…… much appreciated

I am conscious of the current market conditions and really do not want to be making a big mistake here

thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.