All Topics / Finance / Considering buying a Mortgage Choice Franchise, am I crazy

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I’ve been interviewing many now, no mentor yet just want to split just the upfront commission during those two training years.

Hi Charlie

I don’t think you’re focusing on the most important aspects here. All your concerns stem from the money you suspect the mentor would make – you should focus more on trying to find an excellent mentor to take you on. I would also lose the term “interview” – the good mentors in this industry aren’t being interviewed by potential new brokers. They don’t need to mentor – they choose to.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

CharlieX
    Participant
    @charliex

okay Jamie,

the word “interview” wasn’t my choice either, my word was “discuss”. that word “interview” came from the teachers I took the base courses and the aggregators I’ve met, and other mentors that I had discussions with suggesting that I need to “interview” more brokers if the ones I have already did have not jive with my objective or that I have not met their ideal mentee criteria; because I have to find one that will work for me for two years and not a good idea to be changing mentors in the middle of the race. they said I need to “interview” a lot of brokers so I can get a good mentor. come to think of it, I think that is the correct word because I am going to pay the mentor, not the mentor is going to pay me? it’s the way the industry is, those who are in it become extra gatekeepers to those who wants to be in it.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

ok – best of luck with your career change.

Email Me | Phone Me

CharlieX
    Participant
    @charliex

ok – best of luck with your career change.

know any Melbourne broker who I can contact to see if he/she could be my mentor?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

No – sorry I don’t know of any that would be willing to mentor.

Cheers

Jamie

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.