All Topics / General Property / A Selection Of Interesting Warren Buffett Thoughts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SiteAdminSiteAdmin
    @siteadmin

We’ve assembled a list of interesting thoughts from Warren Buffett’s recent shareholder meeting.

If you haven’t seen them already, you can read them by clicking the link above.

Use this forum space to share which bits you liked the best, or which sayings you feel are most important.

Profile photo of SmartGenYSmartGenY
    @smartgeny

Love Buffet,

Blew my mind though that a pretty standard Buffet trait of buying something just after a massive correction/deflation, (US housing in this case) could be read as opportunities in the Australian housing market.

No doubt there are always opportunities if one does the research, knows the right people and looks hard enough. But is that a logical interpretation of Buffet’s statement in context with his style of investment?

Profile photo of cuteyoungchiccuteyoungchic
    Participant
    @cuteyoungchic

I found myself to be doubly motivated with my investment properties while I was with my partner of 15 years.   And so was he.
    Since we split up, I lost most of my motivation, & although I have a new partner, I'm progressing very slowly on my own with investing.
    I'm told my ex has stopped investing.
    So I could feel Buffet's comment regarding "the two best investments were wedding rings!"   WOW!

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Cuteyoungchic,

Sweetheart, the motivation will return.  Nice and slow,  take it from someone who's been there and done that.

Divorce is not the end of everything.  It could be the beginning of new things to come.  Everything you learned along the way can't be taken away from you.  You start with that knowledge as your foundation and build on it brick by brick.

Buffet is right about his own personal experience, when you marry the right person, and become the right person for him/her, the partnership can be unassailable.  But not one of us married thinking of divorce as an option.  We mostly all think it's forever.   It never entered my mind but it still happened. 

To all the divorcees on the forum, or about to be, I have a nugget of wisdom to hand you:  Happiness is the best revenge.

Happiness will come slowly to you but it will take time, give yourself that time to heal.  Don't be bitter, it doesn't cause pain to anyone but the person harbouring it. 

When I left the marital home, with four kids in tow (the eldest being 6 and the youngest 12 months) I had to get cash adavance out of my credit card to put a bond for a house.  We left with one suitcase and the kids who could walk a backpack of clothes each.  The world was hard and dark.  People who knew me asked where I found the courage, I said, "To stay would have been worse."

From the pit, I clawed my way out.  It's been 11 years, and there are days when I think I'm still in the pits.  But mostly, even from the pit, I can see blue sky.

One friend said to me that what he likes about me is that I'm such a positive person.  I said to him, "yeah, I am.  I'd be the only person you'd know who'd have a smile on her face in a firing squad line up.  My smiling face would be indelibly inked in my shooter's brain for as long as he lives."

I hope this inspires others in the same situation to believe things will get better.

Take care.

Angel

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Legend.
    Cheers   
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of emptyvesselemptyvessel
    @emptyvessel
    angelinsydney wrote:
    Cuteyoungchic,

Sweetheart, the motivation will return.  Nice and slow,  take it from someone who's been there and done that.

Divorce is not the end of everything.  It could be the beginning of new things to come.  Everything you learned along the way can't be taken away from you.  You start with that knowledge as your foundation and build on it brick by brick.

Buffet is right about his own personal experience, when you marry the right person, and become the right person for him/her, the partnership can be unassailable.  But not one of us married thinking of divorce as an option.  We mostly all think it's forever.   It never entered my mind but it still happened. 

To all the divorcees on the forum, or about to be, I have a nugget of wisdom to hand you:  Happiness is the best revenge.

Happiness will come slowly to you but it will take time, give yourself that time to heal.  Don't be bitter, it doesn't cause pain to anyone but the person harbouring it. 

When I left the marital home, with four kids in tow (the eldest being 6 and the youngest 12 months) I had to get cash adavance out of my credit card to put a bond for a house.  We left with one suitcase and the kids who could walk a backpack of clothes each.  The world was hard and dark.  People who knew me asked where I found the courage, I said, "To stay would have been worse."

From the pit, I clawed my way out.  It's been 11 years, and there are days when I think I'm still in the pits.  But mostly, even from the pit, I can see blue sky.

One friend said to me that what he likes about me is that I'm such a positive person.  I said to him, "yeah, I am.  I'd be the only person you'd know who'd have a smile on her face in a firing squad line up.  My smiling face would be indelibly inked in my shooter's brain for as long as he lives."

I hope this inspires others in the same situation to believe things will get better.

Take care.

Angel

Fantastic attitude. Your kids are remarkably blessed to have you. Just fantastic.

Inspiring. Strong. Real. Fantastic.

Thankyou.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.