All Topics / General Property / Back Yard drain sinking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Hi our investment house is almost a year old, and we have just recieved the latest property report from our manager. In it she states that

there is a drain at the back of our back yard that looks like it is starting to sink and it has made 2 panels of the right hand side fence buckle. This would be happening with the house next door also.

My question is are we covered by the builders warrenty it being a new house, handover was beginning of June last year, or do we go through our Insurance company??

Would be very grateful for any help/advice given.

Thankyou

JPS25

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Would ring the Building Services Authority in your State and see what they have to say.

If it is a structural problem i am sure your Builder will cover it.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Thanks Richard,

We are in QLD so will look up the number and give them a ring first thing Monday morning to see where we stand.

Without seeing it I don't know if it is structual or not only the info from the property manager about it looking like the drain sinking and causing 2 of the fence panals to buckle.

Thanks again

JPS25.

Participant
    @jps25

Thanks Richard,

We are in QLD so will look up the number and give them a ring first thing Monday morning to see where we stand.

Without seeing it I don't know if it is structual or not only the info from the property manager about it looking like the drain sinking and causing 2 of the fence panals to buckle.

Thanks again

JPS25.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

http://www.bsa.qld.gov.au/Pages/BuildingServicesAuthority.aspx

Ph:1300 272 272

Hope this helps

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @jps25

Yes thanks Richard, sorry about the double post don't know how that happened will ring first thing Monday.

Participant
    @jps25

Been in touch with the builders and it seems it is a problem on councils land ours is not the only property effected so hopefully council will sort it out quickly

Thanks JPS25

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.