All Topics / Help Needed! / Has West End in QLD Already Boomed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MrLasVegasMrLasVegas
    Participant
    @mrlasvegas

Hi all,

I’ve just finished my detailed research on West End in QLD (postcode 4101). Intrinsic growth drivers and infrastructure, population forecasts, etc all look good but I can’t help but feel that West End might already be beyond the “sensible buying” point in the cycle, i.e. close to, or already having boomed.

A few questions:

1. What are your thoughts on West End? Has it boomed? What research did you base this on?
    2. Have you, or would you, buy in West End? Why or why not?
    3. If you live in Brisbane, what are your thoughts on West End in general? I grew up there but haven’t been back for 10 years

Suburb report is here: http://data.propertyinvestor.com.au/properties/362347/suburb-report.pdf

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

If you going to be investing in inner inner Brisbane cant go wrong with West End  … 

Outside of  the intrinsic drivers you mentioned it has its own unique culture which is always going to make it  a popular  suburb…… there is the rezoing along the Montugue Road area and council redeveloping along the river etc….ensuring  its vibe will contuinue to grow…. 

West End isnt the place you remember 10 years ago and yes its had a boom but still has legs in the mid term. I lived and bought here in the last 10 years and also develop in the surrounding suburbs.

Hope that gives you some on the ground feedback

Profile photo of lordopglordopg
    @lordopg

G'day,
    I live in Brisbane in 4066 – only about 5 minutes away from West End (minus traffic).

West End is a trendy place and attracts all sorts of different people. Lots of young professionals are living there as it has a vibrant and unique culture to it.There is lots of good dining and boutique shops which attract interesting groups.

I haven't done any research etc into the area, mainly trying to answer your third question :)

I think West End would be a good place to live but what I have looked at have been either dumps and cheap(er) or modern and expensive. All-in-all I think it is a pretty expensive place to live but for people just starting their careers as young professionals it would be a desirable place to live.

Are you thinking of buying and leasing it out or buy/reno/sell or…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.