All Topics / General Property / Land Estates – how flexible are they on price? – and the contract side of things!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of elemental09elemental09
    @elemental09

Good Morning,

I am considering purchasing a block of land, I was wondering how flexible developers are with their blocks of land – in relation to the price? for example, one block I am looking at is advertised at $239,900 – should I offer them $230,000? (I know I know, it can't hurt to try) but i am just curious, on average, are they even flexible? or do they usually just 'set a price' and don't budge?

Also when I purchase the block of land, what are some good things to include on the contract?

So far I have:

Subject to satasfactory soil test
    Subject to finance
    Subject to satisfactory land evaluation

is there anything else? or any good pointers anyone can give me?

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi elemental.
    Unless you are wanting to plant grape vines or grow produce, for what intention would a 'Subject to satisfactory soil test' achieve that an EPA declaration won't show? What is a satisfactory land evaluation for? – evaluate it for constructing a very tall building, looking for bore water…… If it's just a standard housing block in an new housing estate and you just want to build a house, a 'Subject to Finance" or 'Sale and/or Settlement of another property' will usually suffice. Again, it boils down to what your purpose of the vacant land is to be.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

PS: I usually offer at least 10% under their asking price as an absolute minimum. These developers usually have at least 10% worth of 'padding' in their asking prtice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.