All Topics / Help Needed! / Assistance with auction buying

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of nemonemo
    @nemo

Hi all
    I am interested in a residential property which very likely is going to go to auction.
    Having never purchased at auction, I'd like to know how I go about making the 10% deposit if I were to be successful on the night – the deposit would be around $100-$150K.
    I couldn't give them a bank cheque ( not knowing how much I'd need to make the cheque for beforehand) and cash is definetely out of the question.
    Please help

Thanks

Sandy

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

a personal cheque should be fine. Just ask the agent well prior to the auction ie days not minutes. If you need a bank cheque, have it prepared to 10% of the maximum that you are prepared to pay so you can’t exceed this amount.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi Sandy.

Often the easiest way to cover deposits, other than a personal cheque being acceptable to the real estate agent/vendor, is what is called a Deposit Guarantee from your bank. I have included a link to a PDF doc on how the CBA works its Deposit Guarantees and I am by no means endorsing the CBA product. It is just so you can understand the fundamentals.

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/home-loans/fact-sheets/Deposit_Guarantee.pdf

I hope this has been of some help to you?
    Kind regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.