All Topics / Commercial Property / Community titling 12 unit block

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Personal Leadership DevelopmentPersonal Leadership Development
    @personal-leadership-development

HEY GUYS, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE IN GETTING A DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL WITH COMMUNITY/STRATA TITLING BLOCKS OF UNITS. I AM IN A BATTLE WITH THE COUNCIL AT THE MOMENT AND I AM USING AN INDEPENDENT TOWN PLANNER TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AND PERHAPS TRY AND PUSH THE DEAL ACROSS THE LINE. EVEN THOUGH ITS AN EXISTING ALLOTMENT THE COUNCIL ARE SAYING THERE IS A MINIMUM ALLOTMENT SIZE OF TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SQ METERS, BUT MY SURVEYOR IS SAYING THAT HE COULD ONLY STRETCH IT TO EIGHTY SQUARE METERS AND IF THE COUNCIL ARE SAYING THERE IS A MINIMUM SIZE THEY ARE TALKING OUT OF THEIR ARSE BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY BUILT.          PS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS….ANY THOUGHTS?

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi PL.
    Unfortunately, when it comes to projects that involve larger developments with community type title's (or variatians thereof) your local Council is God. Local reulations may have changed since the original community title and structure were allowed or constructed. Unless you have a good property lawyer or someone in Town Planning you can slip some graft to ……
    You have to either work with the Council or consider challenging it through litigation.

Profile photo of Personal Leadership DevelopmentPersonal Leadership Development
    @personal-leadership-development

THANKS FOR THAT ANTHONY, IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT ALOT OF CASES SUCH AS MINE ACTUALLY GO TO COURT AND SUCCEED, ESPECIALLY AS YOU HAVE CORRECTLY POINTED OUT, IF I HAVE A GOOD TOWN PLANNER ON MY TEAM. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT MATE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.