All Topics / Finance / Personal Loans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

Hello,

Just seeking some info for a friend re: personal loans

My friend has personal loan debt of approx $18,000 (result of divorse settlement) I believe they currently pay in the order of 16% interest on this amount. I had a quick look on info choice and see that there seems to be many offering rates around 13%.

Just thought I would check in for any pointers from my good friend forumites.

While I believe my friend does have a share ownership in mothers house I am not sure if this is available for security. Also has a car loan of approx $10k. If is obvious this person needs to get rid of some bad debt, just trying to steer in the right direction of not wasting too much money on excess interest rates!

Tips anyone

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

unfortunately there are no easy answ or solution.
    Even if he place this loan into a mortgage debt refinance structure and the interest rate WAS at the standard rate of 7%- the loan would be over 30 years…so in effect his monthly repayment would be less but over a long period of time he would have paid a higher interest and amount.

16% on a personal loan is normal for a “unsecured” loan.
    It’s possible for him to apply for a secured personal loan and using a 2nd car, boat, or part of the home as security – rate would be around 11-14% for 5 years.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of tenantfiletenantfile
    @tenantfile

There is not any fix solutiion for this problem .If you are having any type of personal loan than pay the installments in advance so that you have to pay less interest for your further  amount.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.