All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Brisbane Fortitude valley Ann St and/or Melbourne west CBD a good idea?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of zmer88zmer88
    @zmer88

Has Melbourne West CBD area property peaked?
    Would it be better to invest in Fortitude Valley (2 bedroom) or Melbourne west cbd (1 bedroom) for rental and eventually make a decent profit when I sell…or BOTH? Btw am not considering student accomodation.
    thanks.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Nobody truly knows if a peak has happened or not.  If they do, they probably also know the winning tattslotto numbers.

Have you taken a look at the historical pages at the rear of the Australian Property Investor magazine to understand the growth and yield in the area?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Rental yields are very poor in west melbourne at the moment, despite the substantial growth in the west.

Have a look at Regional Victoria, particularly in Regional Western Victoria as prices are starting to increase as a result of government investment and the substantial growth that is taking place in Melbournes West. Areas like Ballarat are already experiencing the flow on effect…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Must admit i have financed 2 new purchases in Fortitude Valley this week alone and yields seem to be very strong.

Cant comment for West Melbourne but inner City Brisbane prices are certainly holding their own.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

Are you looking to invest at the "Emporium" complex on Ann st, Fortitude Valley?

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Interested in why those two areas only? Are they properties being marketed for sale by the same company?

Profile photo of Charles 1Charles 1
    Participant
    @charles-1

Interesting that of all the places you could invest you’ve chosen 2 suburbs where most of us would not invest.

Be wary of the Melbourne CBD market – there are over 3,000 off the plan units coming on the market in the next 3 years – there will be a huge oversupply there for a while.

Have you considered established properties?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I was having a chat with a developer yesterday about the Brisbane/Gold Coast. Although they are selling OTP in Brisbane they are concerned about the state of the market.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.