All Topics / General Property / Investment Hot Spots – Onto a winner!!!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ByronJByronJ
    Participant
    @byronj

Hi everyone….

I quite often see posts about investments and groups and get their email newsletters, I am always trying to get some free info in what they say instead of just listening to all the hype and doing my own research. I probably have spent a couple of hours a day at night after work doing this and I have recently found one that works and thought I would share my experience of a group we met in Western Australia.

We came across a group called Investment Hot Spots – Not sure how large they are but their information and service proved to be very valuable.

We had a rep come into our home (Something we weren’t real sure about) to discuss what we initially thought was an Investment Property pitch. It turned out that they spent more time in understanding our position and talked more about 10 year planning, goal setting and tried to understand what we needed to achieve from our investments. Something I must say that I didn’t expect. The rep to seemed care about what he was doing and a few meetings later we were given options and explained all the pro’s and con’s about the areas, investment growth rates, infrastructure, population rates and how it impacts on median rents level, approved and unapproved projects and so on and so on.

They referred us to the their site and told us to do our own home work and there was never any hard sell.

They even recommended that we buy our own reports from the “experts” like Michael Matusik or Terry Ryder if we needed a second opinion.

We live in Western Australia and know that now is the not the right time to invest over here but some of the areas in QLD seem to be going quite well with all the mining and Gas projects that we keep hearing about.

Their range and options were huge and they guided us through the process and looked at what we could afford and suggested Gladstone. Townsville, Gympie, Western Brisbane and other areas were available but we all agreed that Gladstone seemed the most promising.

Now that we know that Gladstone has recently gone through the roof and that is something we are very happy about but at the time the major projects weren’t announced and the huge media attention really hadn’t begun.

We bought a House and Land Package for $410k and three – four months on we see the packs are now selling for $525k… Not bad growth or a recent investment especially since we only settled the land two weeks ago. We have also just sorted our property manager through a second recommendation who have a backlog of tenants in the area and the property will be filled in the next 2-3 weeks.

Happy hunting Investors.

Profile photo of InvestwellInvestwell
    Participant
    @investwell

Yep….. Gladstone is one town that is going off at the moment.. My family currently live there, moved a while ago for work. Lucky they bought when they did because the local agents are saying that rents will go to $1000 p.w. but early next year… Crazy…..

Cheers

Investwell

Profile photo of DarrenHayDarrenHay
    @darrenhay

Hey Im new here.

But i agree with Gladstone.. the only problem is that the prices have already jumped. I am looking more at Townsville or anything to do with the Surat Basin at the moment. Price seems to be under the $450 Mark which suite my pricing better.

Any thoughts here?? I will check the site out as well.

DH

Participant
    @investwell

Hey Darren,

Gladstone would be difficult to find property now at that price, maybe Calliope.

Not sure where you could find houses there at the moment because its mainly brand new house and land packages and its pretty crazy here.

I often read through some info on NPA maybe they could find something.

Good Luck

Investwell

Profile photo of AlasdairAlasdair
    Participant
    @alasdair

I have just noticed that Terry Ryder of Hotspotting, has the following article on his Facebook page;

The State Government will lease land in Gladstone free of charge so the Gladstone City Council can build a workers camp for 1,000.

The land reportedly has a market value above $5 million but the Government is providing the nine hectares at no cost so that Gladstone can start preparing for the influx of people working on the multiple CSG-to-LNG projects planned for the Queensland city.

Three projects, the smallest of which entails investment of $15 billion, have all the necessary approvals to go ahead. Each will create at least 5,000 construction jobs over 2-3 years, so there will be considerable pressure on rents and prices in the Gladstone market. The workers camp is just one response to upcoming influx.

Original Article here ….. http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=206228316076122

Participant
    @investwell

Hey guys

Read that stuff about Gladstone on Terry Ryder. Pretty amazing what is going on there.

The site that this post is about had some interesting articles re Gladstone to.

http://www.investmenthotspots.com.au

Workers earning heaps more money, hugh under supply issues.

Sounds like Gladstone is the place to be.. Well done for the people that got in early or have the chance to get in before all these workers land.

From the data that i have read at least 10,000 workers ( Plus Family ) hitting Gladstone from now till the end of year. That is just from the Santos and BG Group RE: LNG Pipeline

Participant
    @investwell

I also found this Video on Gladstone which I thought might be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_ylh5hu8E

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.