All Topics / Help Needed! / Does anyone know where I can find out who owns a property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Guys

Im interested in Buying a Duplex ive seen its not for sale and I was wondering how I could get the owners datails so I could contact them and make them an offer on it, the owner is an investor and not living on the premises

thanks in advance

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

try the direct approach, knock on the door & ask if they own the house or are renters. If they rent, do they know the owner or is it through an agency.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Go to a local real estate agent and let them know you're an interested purchaser of this particular property and ask if they could find out if the vendor is interested in selling – you're prepared to pay top dollar as it's ideal for your needs. Guess what happens? He/she will get onto RP Data or APM and look up the details or give their preferred Conveyancer a call to find out who the owner is. You see, the agent hopes he/she can list it and can get that info for you for free. Not exactly 'above board' but it can work. Otherwise, pay RP Data their fee and get a full report on the property including ownership from Lands Title.

Profile photo of hrubhrub
    @hrub

Or you could ring up the local council and tell them that you live next door and need to speak to the owner about some fence issues…
    they will give you the contact details

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Guys Thanks alot thats just the advice I needed

thanks again

Profile photo of CoastalHolidayRentalsCoastalHolidayRentals
    Participant
    @coastalholidayrentals

There is a system called RPdata.. however you need to be an agent to access the info

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

CHR hate to say that has changed.

If you subscribe anyone can access RP Data not just an Agent.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies

I use Pricefinder its a great research tool for these situations

Profile photo of jamin86jamin86
    @jamin86

I prefer saleprices.com.au to pricefinder – they allow you to pay per report, which can be cheaper for one off searches

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.