Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of eric kendalleric kendall
    @eric-kendall

I have a couple of properties in Victoria that I’m about to put on the market and I’m considering compiling the section 32 and Contract of Sale of Real Estate myself. Under normal circumstances I could purchase the templates from lawpublishing.com.au or the Law Institute of Victoria bookshop. However it seems that they are currently in the process of making amendments to the Section 32 form and the new version won’t be available for up to 2 weeks.
    I’m just wondering if anyone has compiled these documents without the use of solicitors or conveyancing companies? I was quoted $770.00 from a local solicitor for a single Section 32. I was then informed that it usually only takes a couple of hours to prepare. Not a bad hourly rate!!
    It can’t be too hard to do and I’d be interested in hearing from anyone that has gone down this road.
    I can’t seem to find much info on the net regarding this, probably due to the fact that it is restricted to Victoria.
    thanks for any help.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi Eric.
    A Section 32 acts like a Form 7 does in SA – it is simply a declaration to a prospective purchaser of any easements, restrictive covenants, EPA declarations, etc. You should be able to get a copy of this information from the Lands Title Office in Victoria. I would suggest contacting Victorian Consumer Affairs as they control Real Estate Agent Licensing and should be able to help you get this information discharged. Once you have the correct info, it's simply a matter of filling in the S. 32 with the answers provided by Lands Title Office. If you are in any doubt, a neat trick is to call on one of your local real estate agents and ask them (as a favor) if they could just peruse the completed S.32 to make sure there are no glaring mistakes. There is no reason any Joe or Josephine average can't do a Section 32 themselves as often the charges by Solicitors and/or Conveyancers are obscene.
    I hope this has been of help to you?
    Kind regards,

Profile photo of MarJacMarJac
    @marjac

The quoted price of $770 sonds usual for the whole Sec 32, and arranging & attending settlement etc, otherwise very expensive just for a Sec 32. Could also try shopping around and would suggest Conveyancers rather than solicitors.

Do you intend to deal with the settlement etc yourself once the property has been sold? You will need to liaise with purchasers solicitor and/or your & theirs Bank as well

They're fairly easy to complete, once you get the Sec 32 form just a matter of following the completion guide. However just takes time  etc mainly to obtain all the requisitions & certificates from the relative authorities (Council, EPA, Vic Roads etc). These certificates & info costs as well, usualy up to about $150.00 total and will depend on the location of the property

Try this link for some info:

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenptm.nsf/LinkView/82E175FE920E5372CA257219000E8FEECD36A7FEF3C8D70FCA25728F00179596

Profile photo of eric kendalleric kendall
    @eric-kendall

Hello Anthony and Mar Jac, thanks for the response. Anthony, yes I am aware of what the actual document entails, but my problem is really getting hold of a suitable template. As mentioned, I would normally be able to purchase templates from the Law Institute of Victoria bookshop, but the new version is not yet available (as mentioned previously). i did approach a local solicitor and asked them if they could sell me a blank Section 32 template, but they were more interested in doing the compilation, and get this, they also tried the upsell of doing me a Will that could be combined and considered as a package deal. I guess everyone is out to make some bucks!!
    Mar Jac, i did enquire with a Conveyancer that I used several years ago and they quoted me $550.00. No I don’t want to deal with settlement, and I’m happy to pay a Conveyancer to do that for me. As mentioned earlier, i really just want to get hold of the relevant templates. Thanks for the link.

Participant
    @alf1

G'day Eric.
    Send me an email and i'll send you a PDF of a Section 32 template you can use! NO CHARGE TOO!

Participant
    @alf1

Hi again Eric.

Perhaps look at this link as well. Here is a Conveyancer who'll do it for $220.

http://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/auto_google_precon/auto_google_precon.asp

Kind regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.